Introduction to Personal Branding
- To understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand.
- Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms.
- Create a mission statement for their personal brand.
- Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management.
- Create a system for on-going brand maintenance.
- Introduction. An Overview of Personal Branding.The goal of this module is to help you gain an understanding of the basic purpose, benefits, and responsibilities of branding, and to begin the process of defining your values, gifts, and goals. If you have questions, don't hesitate to get in touch: Kimberley@virginia.edu; @KR_Barker (Twitter).
- Building your Brand's Infrastructure.Like any other construction project, infrastructure is absolutely key to the successful creation of your brand. In this module, we'll discuss key elements including authenticity, your mission statement, and why you should incorporate your photo into your brand.
- Establishing Your Brand's Digital Home: A Guide to Claiming Your Parts of the Web.Your Brand & Social Media. When it comes to social media platforms, you have lots of choices. At the end of this lesson, you will have identified three platforms that best fit your brand.
- Creating your Brand's Maintenance Plan.This module focuses on the pros and cons (and nuts and bolts) of creating a maintenance plan for your brand.
- Your Online Identity: How reputation and digital privacy affect your Brand.
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.2 * Quiz on Digital Privacy + 0.3 * Quiz Reputation Management + 0.5 * Quiz Why Branding?
- Graham, A. (2012). From Business Cards to Business Relationships : Personal Branding and Profitable Networking Made Easy (Vol. 2nd ed). Hoboken: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=449930
- Rampersad, H. K. (2009). Authentic Personal Branding : A New Blueprint for Building and Aligning a Powerful Leadership Brand. Charlotte, N.C.: Information Age Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=469729
- Chritton, S. (2014). Personal Branding For Dummies (Vol. 2nd edition). [Place of publication not identified]: For Dummies. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=806168