Fans, Media and Technology: The Commercial Side of Sports
- understand the sport fans by topics as: consumer behavior; market segmentation; sponsorships; the role social media; personalities; branding; sports communication.
- Students will be able to understand the sport fans as a particular ‘consumer’ of this industry, to interpret, analyze and carry out improvements in the demand for tickets for any sport association as well to develop marketing plans in order to maximize fan engagement
- Demand for Sports
- Sport Marketing
- Sports Communication
- Sport Sponsorships
- Fan Engagement
- Innovation and New Technologies
- presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- final presentation
- attendance of lectures
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.15 * attendance of lectures + 0.4 * final presentation + 0.45 * presentations and tasks completed/presented during the seminar
- Billings, A. C. (2014). Routledge Handbook of Sport and New Media. Routledge.
- PaulM. Pedersen. (2016). Routledge Handbook of Sport Communication. Routledge.
- Robinson, L. (2012). Routledge Handbook of Sport Management. Routledge.
- Biscaia, R., Correia, A., Rosado, A. F., Ross, S. D., & Maroco, J. (2013). Sport Sponsorship: The Relationship Between Team Loyalty, Sponsorship Awareness, Attitude Toward the Sponsor, and Purchase Intentions. Journal of Sport Management, 27(4), 288–302. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsm.27.4.288
- COATES, D., HUMPHREYS, B. R., & ZHOU, L. (2014). Reference-Dependent Preferences, Loss Aversion, and Live Game Attendance. Economic Inquiry, 52(3), 959–973. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecin.12061
- Filo, K., Lock, D., & Karg, A. (2015). Sport and social media research: A review. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smr.2014.11.001
- Forrest, D., & Simmons, R. (2002). Outcome uncertainty and attendance demand in sport: the case of English soccer. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series D (The Statistician), 51(2), 229–241. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9884.00314
- Jaume García Villar, & Plácido Rodríguez Guerrero. (2009). Sports attendance: A survey of the Literature 1973-2007. Rivista Di Diritto Ed Economia Dello Sport, 2, 111.
- Jaume Garcia, & Plácido Rodríguez. (2001). The determinants of football match attendance revisited: Empirical evidence from the Spanish Football League. Economics Working Papers.
- Masayuki Yoshida, Gordon, B., Makoto Nakazawa, & Biscaia, R. (2014). Conceptualization and Measurement of Fan Engagement: Empirical Evidence From a Professional Sport Context. Journal of Sport Management, 28(4), 399–417. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsm.2013-0199