Expert and Analytical Resources
- Publications database contains information about books, articles, and working papers written by HSE staff members.
- IQ.hse.ru is a research and educational website maintained by the Higher School of Economics (HSE). Before April 2016, it operated as OpEc.ru. The editorial staff of IQ.HSE.RU publishes articles featuring the results of new research and monitoring studies carried out by HSE researchers. The goal of IQ.hse.ru is to popularize and promote a scholarly view of economic and social problems. The website features papers covering nearly every field of academic research. IQ.hse.ru works closely with leading researchers at HSE laboratories, institutes and centres. The website serves as an active source of information for leading Russian and international media today.
- Demoscope Weekly (in Russian) is an electronic publication issued by the HSE’s Institute of Demography every two weeks. It contains news and analysis on demographic processes and migration; inter-ethnic relations; issues facing women, children and vulnerable groups of citizens; and changes in living standards in Russia and other countries. A ‘population counter’ always displays the exact population of the world on the current date.
HSE Publishing House and Library Resources
- The HSE publishes more than 20 academic journals in print and electronic format, many of which are listed as leading peer-reviewed scientific publications by Russia’s Higher Attestation Commission. As a result, the HSE’s doctoral students receive greater opportunities to publish the results of their research. Several HSE journals are starting to be published in English and are indexed in international citation bases like Web of Science and Scopus.
- The HSE Library has one of the most extensive collections of electronic resources in Russia. Through subscription to primary international databases, HSE students and staff members have access to the archives of leading academic journals dating from the late nineteenth century to today.
are available via HSE electronic subscription
- HSE Publishing House, founded in 2000, has become one of the largest university publishers in Russia. More than 50 books with a total print run of more than 170,000 copies have been published in the HSE Textbooks series. Sixty-four books have been published as part of a series of monographs on social and economic sciences, including everything from Economic Theory to Cultural Research. The works of leading Russian researchers are presented along with works by well-known international scholars. All books can be purchased at the HSE Bookstore on Myasnitskaya Ulitsa. They can also be ordered online through the HSE Publishing House website.
- The HSE website contains all the information you need about the Higher School of Economics – from admissions guidelines to staff profiles, from course syllabi to financial reporting. It also contains the most recent news on what’s taking place at the university along with interesting event announcements.
- High School Press (in Russian) gives you the ability to take a student’s view not only on the HSE but also on social, political and cultural life in Russia and beyond.
- Economics. Sociology. Management (in Russian) is a national educational website that gathers information concerning both development of university education and preparing for university admissions. Upper-class students learn more about professions and educational programmes, educators exchange ideas and share experience, and researchers are able to delve into a full-text catalogue of Russian social and economic journals.