About the Programme
Language of study: Russian with some courses in English.
Our main goal is of future bioinformatics leaders working in biology and medicine. Their main advantage will be interdisciplinary education and deep understanding of both biomedical problems and mathematical methods.
Importance and Specifics
Modern biology is a data-rich science. To deal with the data flood in biology and medicine, and to derive new knowledge from these data, scientific laboratories, clinics, and industry need qualified specialists in computational biology.
The program is built upon experience of three successful scientific and educational initiatives:
- Department of Bioengineering and Bioinformatics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- Research and Training Center “Bioinformatics” of the Kharkevich Institute for Information Transmission Problems, RAS;
- Moscow School of Bioinformatics (formerly Division of Bioinformatics of the Yandex Data Analysis School).
The program is aimed at two types of students:
- Bachelors in applied mathematics or data analysis wishing to work in a new, fast-developing field;
- Researchers with strong background in biology or medicine, working in life sciences and feeling a need in data analysis and modeling.
The program satisfies HSE requirements for masters of applied mathematics and computer science. In addition, the masters will understand modern tendencies in life sciences and will have a common language with biologists, medical doctors, specialists in economics etc.