About the programme
The master’s programme in Integrated Communications aims to develop the competencies necessary for successful work in communication management in PR, advertising and new media. The knowledge and skills offered by this course is primarily focused on solving practical tasks in business and politics in order to develop and implement effective communications strategies aimed at increasing the market and public value of their commissioners.
The key aim of the master’s programme in Integrated Communications is to help students develop the competencies necessary for successful work in managing communication processes in PR, advertising, and new media. The synergy between the applied and research analytical areas of the master’s programme is a direct result of the structure of the educational process: on one hand, project-oriented education is accompanied by interactive communication with professionals as part of lectures, master classes and consultations, and on the other hand, students participate in academic discussions as part of research seminars.
The applied, project-oriented character of the programme is provided primarily through close cooperation with leading companies in corporate and public consulting, as well as agencies in communication research and management, such as CROS, Public Opinion Foundation (FOM), ROMIR, TWiga, BBDO, and RIA Novosti.
The task of the programme is to provide professionals in this field with the following knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge of the key theories and methods of research in communication science and the ability to apply this knowledge to public opinion studies and communication management;
- Knowledge of the structure and logic of modern media and internet communication, the ability to manage the process of media planning and media marketing;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, evaluation and analysis of information from different media, including printed, audiovisual and digital;
- The ability to demonstrate skills of analysis and solution of practical tasks in creating PR and advertising strategies, taking into account the current consumer culture and structure of the RF market;
- The ability to administer organizational and intercultural communications, the ability to manage corporate communications at a national and international level;
- The ability to manage communication campaigns and their implementation in the political sphere at the level of governmental bodies, consulting agencies, and political parties.
Terms of enrolment
Enrolment is available for both state-financed and fee-paying places. The eapplication process involves a portfolio assessment (portfolio includes a diploma; implemented projects, etc.) and an English language test in pass/fail form.