Dynamics and structure of househild incomes, expenditures and consumption are among the key socio-economic indicators determining prospectives of economic growth, and risks of social development. Aim of this project is to conduct a regular monitoring of incomes, expenditures, and consumption of Russian households in order to identify threats or advantages of the most current situation.
The monitoring is based on:
- the macro statistics data published by the Federal State Statistics Service monthly, quarterly and annualy (Rosstat, www.gks.ru);
- aggregated and disaggregated data of the Rosstat Household Budget Survey (http://obdx.gks.ru/);
- Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey - HSE (RLMS-HSE, http://www.hse.ru/rlms/);
- other relevant survey data.
Within their analysis, authors of the monitoring combine macro and micro statistics and compare results obtained on the basis of these two types of data whenever possible.
The publication program includes two types of releases:
- special issues containing detailed and thorough analysis of selected topic, and
- short issues overviewing current Rosstat data and providing quick comments on relevant political or economical occasions.