- Academic Supervisor:Faculty of Mathematics / HSE – Skoltech International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics
- Andrey Okounkov has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- 2018ICM2018 (Рио-де-Жанейро). Presentation: On the crossroads of enumerative geometry and geometric representation theory
- 20165th Workshop on Combinatorics of Moduli Spaces, Hurwitz numbers, and cohomological field theories (Москва). Presentation: Elliptic stable envelope
- Elliptic stable envelopes" 1/11, Geometric representation theory conference at the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics (Монреаль). Presentation: Boxcounting
- Weyl groups, and their generalizations, in enumerative geometry. Presentation: Herman Weyl Lectures
- Curve Counting in Various Dimensions. Presentation: Zassenhaus lectures
- Quantum groups and quantum K-theory (Irvine ). Presentation: Distinguished Lecture
- On some $q$-difference equations with remarkable monodromy (Irvine). Presentation: Distinguished Lecture
- 2015UCLA Distinguished Lecture Series. Presentation: Noncommutative geometry and Painleve equations
- "AMS Summer Institute in Algebraic Geometry," (Salt Lake City). Presentation: Enumerative geometry and representation theory
- Article Oblomkov A., Okounkov A., Pandharipande R. GW/PT Descendent Correspondence via Vertex Operators // Communications in Mathematical Physics. 2020. No. 374. P. 1321-1359. doi
- Article Okounkov A. Enumerative geometry and geometric representation theory // ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY: SALT LAKE CITY 2015, PT 1. 2018. Vol. 97. P. 419-457.
- Preprint Okounkov A. Enumerative geometry and geometric representation theory / AMS Algebraic Geometry Institute . Series arXiv:1701.00713 "arXiv:1701.00713 ". 2017.
- Article Okounkov A., Aganagic M. QUASIMAP COUNTS AND BETHE EIGENFUNCTIONS // Moscow Mathematical Journal. 2017. Vol. 17. No. 4. P. 565-600.
- Preprint Okounkov A., Aganagic M. Quantum q-Langlands Correspondence / MMJ. Series arXiv:1704.08746 "arXiv:1704.08746 ". 2017.
- Preprint Aganagic M., Frenkel E., Okounkov A. Quantum q-Langlands Correspondence / AMS Algebraic Geometry Institute . Series arXiv:1701.03146 "arXiv:1701.03146 ". 2017.
- Preprint Okounkov A., Aganagic A. Elliptic stable envelope / Algebraic Geometry (math.AG). Series arXiv:1604.00423 "arXiv:1604.00423v1". 2016.
- Article Okounkov A. Limit shapes, real and imagined // Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society( New Series). 2016. Vol. 53. No. 2. P. 187-216.
- Preprint Okounkov A., Smirnov А. Quantum difference equation for Nakajima varieties / Mathematical Physics (math-ph). Series arXiv:1602.09007 " arXiv:1602.09007v1". 2016. No. 29.
- Article Okounkov A. Limit shapes, real and imagined // Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society( New Series). 2015
- Article Okounkov A., Rains E. Noncommutative geometry and Painleve equations // Algebra and Number Theory. 2015
- Article Okounkov Andrei, Pandharipande R. The quantum differential equation of the Hilbert scheme of points in the plane // Transformation Groups. 2010. Vol. 15. No. 4. P. 965-982.
- Article Bryan J., Pandharipande R., Faber C., Okounkov A. The local Gromov-Witten theory of curves // Journal of the American Mathematical Society. 2008. No. 21. P. 101-136.
He has worked on the representation theory of infinite symmetric groups, the statistics of plane partitions, and the quantum cohomology of the Hilbert scheme of points in the complex plane. Much of his work on Hilbert schemes was joint with Rahul Pandharipande.
In 2006, at the 25th International Congress of Mathematicians in Madrid, Spain, he received the Fields Medal "for his contributions to bridging probability, representation theory and algebraic geometry."
Every year, the HSE family welcomes representatives of new countries and becomes more interesting and diverse. On June 4, 2017, international students will talk to visitors about their home countries and introduce them to their cultures at The Whole World at HSE festival. To give you a quick pre-festival snapshot of how international HSE is, we’ve brought together ten facts about the university international life for you.
The new International Laboratory for Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms will open at HSE’s Faculty of Mathematics in 2017. This project, overseen by Ludmil Katzarkov (Professor at the University of Miami), won the Fifth Mega-Grants Competition of the Government of the Russian Federation.
Andrey Okounkov, Academic Supervisor of the International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics, has been elected fellow of American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
For the first time ever, a doctoral student of the Higher School of Economics took part in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum, the world’s largest forum for young researchers in the fields of mathematics and computer science. Over the course of one week, the participants were able to meet and discuss their projects with laureates of awards such as the Fields Medal, Abel Prize, and Turing Award. Olga Tsukanova represented HSE at the Forum, bringing with her a project on mathematical modelling.
On July 9, Professor and first dean of the HSE’s Faculty of Mathematics Sergei Lando celebrates his 60th birthday.
Columbus University Professor Andrey Okounkov is the Academic Supervisor of HSE’s International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics. In an interview with Afisha, he discusses how mathematics education differs in Russia and the U.S., where his insight comes from, and whether it is true that mathematicians are in fact ‘strange individuals.’
In the whole history of mathematics just 8 winners of the highest award - the Field Prize - have come from Russia. One of them is Andrey Okounkov, Academic Supervisor at theInternational Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics HSE. On Hamburg Reckoning, a weekly programme which broadcasts interviews with major academics on current Russian issues on the OTR TV channel, he talked about his journey from economics to mathematics, about the Faculty of Mathematics at HSE and what makes mathematicians happy.
This year winner of the respected Fields medal Andrey Okounkov became the new head of HSE’s International Laboratory of Representation Theory and Mathematical Physics. In an interview for the HSE News website, he talked about what is a good mathematical education, why mathematicians are more free than other academics and what to tell people who find figures difficult.
As we celebrate this year’s anniversary of HSE, we will not recall everything that has happened with the university since it was founded; its milestones have been recounted numerous times already. We will instead tell you about the most important things that have happened this year.