- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Applied Economics
- Deputy Director:Center for Institutional Studies
- Senior Research Fellow:Center for Institutional Studies / International Research Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Elena Podkolzina has been at HSE since 2001.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Higher School of Economics
Higher School of Economics
Higher School of Economics
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Awards and Accomplishments
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2010-2011)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
S. Usy'shkin «Open Action vs Sealed Bid: Evidence from Government Procurement in Russia». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2014
- 2017HSE/NES seminar on political economy (Москва). Presentation: Corruption perception and competition in public procurement: empirical evidence from Russian regions
- 2015XVI Апрельская международная научная конференция (Москва). Presentation: Причины и последствия низкой конкуренции в государственных закупках в России
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Article Ostrovnaya M., Elena Podkolzina. Antitrust Enforcement in Public Procurement: the Сase of Russia // Journal of Competition Law & Economics. 2015. Vol. 11. No. 2. P. 331-352.
- Chapter Ostrovnaya M., Podkolzina E. E-auctions as a way to eliminate favoritism in public procurement, in: XV Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4-х книгах / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 2. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2015. P. 506-517.
- Preprint Maria Ostrovnaya, Elena Podkolzina. Favoritism in public procurement auctions: model of endogenous entry / Department of Economics - University of Perugia (IT). Series ISSN 2385-2275 "Working papers of the Department of Economics - University of Perugia (IT)". 2015. No. 15.
- Preprint Balsevich A. A., Podkolzina E. Indicators Of Corruption In Public Procurement: The Example Of Russian Regions / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2014. No. WP BRP 76/EC/2014.
- Preprint Morozov I. A., Podkolzina E. Collusion detection in procurement auctions / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2013. No. 25.
- Preprint Ostrovnaya M., Podkolzina E. What impact does antitrust intervention have on competition? The case of public drug procurement in Russia / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2013. No. 32.
- Preprint Podkolzina E., Voytova T. I. Blacklisting in Russian Public Procurement: How it doesn't Work / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PA "Public Administration". 2011. No. 01.
- Preprint Balsevich A. A., Pivovarova S. G., Podkolzina E. Information Transparency in Public Procurement: How it Works in Russian Regions / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series EC "Economics". 2011. No. 01.
- Preprint Balsevich A. A., Podkolzina E. The influence of administrative procedures on the incentives of bureaucrats, supervisors and citizens / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP10 "Научные доклады Института институциональных исследований". 2011. No. 05.
- Preprint Podkolzina E. Эволюция института банкротства в России: выбор кредиторами стратегии возврата долга / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP10 "Научные доклады Института институциональных исследований". 2007. No. 05.
- Preprint Podkolzina E. Институт банкротства: неформальные правила разрешения проблемы несостоятельности на примере российской экономики / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP10 "Научные доклады Института институциональных исследований". 2006. No. 03.
From July 2 – 7, 2016, the 10th Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis (RSSIA) took place just outside of Moscow. This event traditionally attracts experts in various areas of institutional research, as well as young researchers, for whom the School is a chance to work on projects under the supervision of leading scholars.
The Book Market, Finance and Reasons for Self-Medication: What People are Studying at the Summer School on Institutional Analysis
In the Moscow Region, the ninth Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis (RSSIA) was held recently, bringing together 26 young researchers from Italy, Montenegro, the Philippines, Macedonia, Great Britain, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Russia. During the programme, they addressed problems concerning the economics of education, financial institutions, the public sector, and the theory of industrial markets.
On May 30, the HSE held a conference dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the International Research Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms (LIA) and the 5th anniversary of the Centre for Institutional Studies (CInSt). Maria Yudkevich, director of the LIA, spoke about how and why the laboratory and centre were established, the research they conduct and what guests experienced at the conference.