- Senior Research Fellow, Professor:Faculty of Mathematics
- Vasily Gorbounov has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Novosibirsk State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Linear Algebra (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Cluster Manifolds" (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Mathematics; 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Smooth Manifolds" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Theory of Complex Functions (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Algebra (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Discrete Mathematics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Electrical Varieties" (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Mathematics; 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Mathematics Practical Training" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Geometry and Topology" (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Mathematics; 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Summation on Surface Graphs: from Statistical Physics to Schubert Calculus" (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Mathematics; 3, 4 module)Rus
- Article Gorbounov V., Gwilliam O., Williams B. Chiral differential operators via quantization of the holomorphic $\sigma$-model // Asterisque. 2020. No. 419. P. 1-210. doi
- Article Vassily Gorbounov, Talalaev D. Electrical varieties as vertex integrable statistical models // Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. 2020. Vol. 53. No. 45. P. 1-28. doi
- Article Горбунов В. Г., Корфф К., Строппель К. Алгебры Янга-Бакстера, алгебра конволюций и многообразия Грассмана // Успехи математических наук. 2020. Т. 75. № 5(455). С. 3-58. doi
- Article Gorbounov V., Korff K. Quantum integrability and generalised Schubert calculus // Advances in Mathematics. 2017. No. 313. P. 282-356. doi
- Article Gorbounov V., GALVEZ I., TONKS A., SHAIKH Z. THE BERKOVITS COMPLEX AND SEMI-FREE EXTENSIONS OF KOSZUL ALGEBRAS // Annales de la Faculté des Sciences de Toulouse. 2016. Vol. XXV. No. 2-3. P. 159-180. doi (in press)
- Article Gorbounov V., Smirnov M. Some remarks on Landau-Ginzburg potentials for odd-dimensional quadrics // Glasgow Mathematical Journal. 2015. Vol. 57. No. 13. P. 481-507. doi (in press)
- 2020Integrable Systems andAutomorphic Forms (Сочи). Presentation: Electrical Lie algebras and groups and their representations
- 2019Representation theory of Lie groups, mathematical physics, and combinatorics (Реймс). Presentation: Electrical mathematics
- 2018Frobenius Structures and Relations (Глазго). Presentation: 'Quantum integrable systems and networks on surfaces'
- The International Workshop on Classical and Quantum Integrable Systems CQIS2018 (Протвино). Presentation: 'Quantum integrable systems and networks on surfaces and Schubert calculus'
- "Algebraic Topology, Combinatorics, and Mathematical Physics" (Москва,Сколково). Presentation: 'Schubert calculus and quantum integrable systems'
- The third workshop Correlations in Integrable Quantum Many-Body Systems (Вупперталь). Presentation: 'Quantum integrable systems and quantum cohomology of algebraic varieties.'
‘HSE Offers the Opportunity to Study Mathematics Alongside Renowned Mathematicians as Part of a Vibrant Research Community’
HSE University’s Faculty of Mathematics is one of the strongest in Russia, consistently ranking high on global university rankings. Its degree programmes attract the best students, not only from Russia, but also from around the world, by offering them a well-rounded mathematical education and a wide range of learning opportunities. In an interview with HSE News Service, a Master’s student and an HSE alum talk about features of the HSE Master’s Programme in Mathematics.