- Research Fellow:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / School of Arts and Humanities / Centre for Historical Research
- Ksenia Maksimovtsova has been at HSE University since 2019.
Participation in and preparation of publications within the framework of the research project "Post-imperial diversities. Majority-minority relations in transition from empires to nation-states", with a special focus on language and diversity management in post-Soviet Ukraine (joint project between HSE in St. Petersburg, Max Planck Institute for Religious and Ethnic Diversity, Germany, and the University of Eastern Finland).
Participation in academic events held at the Center for Historical Research, conferences and seminars at HSE, SPbSU, as well as in international conferences.
Preparation of publications related to my area of expertise in international peer-reviewed journals; work on applications for research grants.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Program "Third Party Funding Experts" (Drittmittel ExpertInnen Programm), March - December 2018. Giessen Centre for Social Sciences, Economics, and Law, JLU Giessen, Germany.
Introduction into Network Analysis, September 2018. JLU Giessen, Germany.
Introductory Course of the Czech Languages, April 2016 - February 2017. Zfbk, JLU Giessen.
Advanced Course of the German Languages (Level C1), October 2014 - February 2015. International office of JLU Giessen.
Eastern European Summer School, August 2012. Bakuriani, Georgia.
Exchange Cooperation Programme, October 2012 - February 2013. Faculty of Sociology, Bielefeld University, Germany.
Haniel Fall School. Social Policy Today – Russia in Comparison, September-October 2012. Centre for Independent Social Research, St. Petersburg/ Willy Brandt School of Public Policy, the University of Erfurt.
Summer School on European Policy-Making, July 2012. Free University of Brussels, Diplomatic Academy of Vienna.
Internship at the European Centre for Minority Issues, June 2012. Flensburg, Germany.
Winter School Organized by the Center for German and European Studies, January - February 2012. Bielefeld University/Berlin.
Teaching assistant, April - July 2018. Giessen Center for Social Sciences, Economics, and Law, JLU Giessen.
Workshop "Sociological Approaches to Social Problems".
Teaching assistant, April - July 2017. Giessen Center for Social Sciences, Economics, and Law, JLU Giessen.
Workshop "Language Policy, Democratization, and Minority Rights: Case Studies of Contemporary Estonia, Latvia and Ukraine".
GCSC Co-Teaching Program, April - July 2016. International Graduate Center for the Study of Culture/Department of Sociology, JLU Giessen.
Joint course with Prof. Dr. Heike Greschke "Qialitative Methods of Social Science Research in the Digitalized Era". Workshops taught include "Using Blogs for Social Science Research" and "Why We Post".
- Article Maksimovtsova K. Cooperation or Non-Cooperation? An Attempt to Conceptualize Economic Sanctions in Global Political Conflicts. // KULT_Online, Germany. 2019 doi
- Book Maksimovtsova K. Language Conflicts in Contemporary Estonia, Latvia, and Ukraine. A Comparative Exploration of Discourses in Post-Soviet Russian-Language Digital Media / Ed. by A. Umland.; Ed. by A. Umland. Book 205. Stuttgart : ibidem Verlag; Columbia University Press, 2019.
- Article Maksimovtsova K. Ukrainian vs. Russian? The Securitization of Language-Related Issues in Ukrainian Blogs and on News Websites. // East European Politics and Societies. 2019. P. 1-25. doi
- Article Maksimovtsova K. Language Policy in Education in Contemporary Ukraine: A Continuous Discussion of Contested National Identity. // Journal of Ethnopolitics and Minority Issues in Europe, Germany. 2017. Vol. 16. No. 3. P. 1-25.
- Article Maksimovtsova K. “(N)either Latvian (n)or Russian: Can Russian Speakers Find a Legitimate Place in the Discourses of the Latvian Nation-State? // KULT_Online, Germany. 2016. No. 48
- Article Maksimovtsova K. Contemporary Debates over Language Policy Regarding Ethnic Minorities: The Discourse of Russian-Language Press. // Working Papers, Centre for German and European Studies, Russia/Germany. 2013. No. 2. P. 1-132.
ASN Convention "Nationalism in Times of Uncertainty" (Грац). Presentation: Language Policy and a Continuous Discussion of National Identities in Post-Soviet Estonia, Latvia, and Ukraine: A Comparative Analysis of Public Debates in the Russian-Language Blogs and on News Websites.
- 3rd Annual Conference on Russian and East European Studies (Тарту). Presentation: The Evolution of the Discourse(s) of Language Policy in Contemporary Estonia, Latvia, and Ukraine
- 2016Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning (Калгари). Presentation: Language Policy and Educational Reforms in Contemporary Estonia, Latvia, and Ukraine
- ASN Convention "Europe, Nations, and Insecurity: Challenges to Identities" (Каунас). Presentation: Continuous Discussion of Contested National Identities in Post-Soviet Estonia, Latvia, and Ukraine.
- International Symposium "Multilingual Turns: New Perspectives on Cross-Cultural Communication" (Гиссен). Presentation: Language Policy in Contemporary Estonia, Latvia and Ukraine: Is There a Room for the State Bi-/Multillingualism?
- 14th International Postgraduate Conference "Transnationalism(s): Contexts, Patterns and Connections in Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union" (Лондон). Presentation: Language Conflicts in Ukraine and the Baltics: A View from Russian-Language Digital Media
Научная среда: «Культурные меньшинства в городском и общенациональном контексте» (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Потенциал исследования русскоязычной блогосферы в рамках изучения языковой политики в современных Эстонии, Латвии и Украине.
- Russians and Russian Speakers in the Post-Soviet Space: Comparative Approaches (Тарту). Presentation: The Potential of Using the Russian-Language Blogosphere for the Study of Language Policy in Contemporary Ukraine and the Baltics.
- 20th ASN Annual World Convention (Нью-Йорк). Presentation: Contemporary Debates over Language Policy in Relation to Ethnic Minorities in Latvia and Ukraine: The Discourse of the Russian-Language Press
Career Development Grant (DFG, German Research Society). February-March 2018, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture, Germany.
Scholarship for PhD studies (DFG, German Research Society). October 2014 - September 2017, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture, Germany.
Travel grants awarded to present research papers at international conferences in the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Estonia, Lithuania, and Austria. October 2014 - July 2018.
Since September 2019 - Postdoctoral Researcher at the Centre for Historical Research, HSE Saint Petersburg.
PhD Researcher. October 2014 - May 2018. Justus Liebig University of Giessen, International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture, Germany.
Manager of international projects. January - October 2014. Mix Research, St. Petersburg.