- Head:School of Foreign Languages / Centre for Language and Methodology Training
- Professor:School of Foreign Languages
- Tenured Professor
- Tatyana Baranovskaya has been at HSE University since 1994.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences* in Psychological Sciences
- 1996Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lenin Moscow State Teacher Training Institute
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Kiseleva, Language Awareness and Representation of the Concept «Pogodnye Yavleniya»/"Weather Conditions" through Phraseological Units in English and Russian Languages. School of Foreign Languages, 2021
V. Mityuryaeva, Self-Control in Learning English. School of Foreign Languages, 2020
Q. Liu, Metaphorical Representation of the Concept ‘Weather’ in the English Language. School of Foreign Languages, 2021
- Article Baranovskaya T., Shaforostova V. Learner Autonomy through Role Plays in English Language Teaching // Journal of Language and Education. 2018. No. 4. P. 8-19. doi
- Chapter Baranovskaya T., Shaforostova V. Promoting Self-regulation in EMI Teaching, in: 4th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts. Science&Society. Conference Proceedings. Volume iV. Education and Educational Research. Sofia : STEF92 Technology Ltd., 2017. doi P. 455-462. doi
- Article Baranovskaya T., Suvorova G. Systemic Genesis Approach in Psychology // Journal of Language and Education. 2016. Vol. 2. No. 1. P. 72-82.
- Article Baranovskaya T. Self-Regulation Skills: Several Ways of Helping Students Develop Self-Regulated Learning // Journal of Language and Education. 2015. Vol. 1. No. 1. P. 37-45.
- Chapter Baranovskaya T. Teaching ESAP (English for Special Academic Purposes), in: LATEUM 2015: Research and Practice in Multidisciplinary Discourse. Материалы XII международной конференции Лингвистической ассоциации преподавателей английского языка МГУ им М.В. Ломоносова. M. : Moscow University book, 2015. P. 172-179.
- Book Baranovskaya T., Suvorova Y., Lastochkina T., Pospelova T. B., Zakharova L. A. Сборник статей для самостоятельной работы студентов 1 курса. , 2009.
- Book Balashova V. V., Baranovskaya T. Дополнительные материалы для самостоятельной работы к учебнику "Cambridge Advanced English". M. : Higher School of Economics Publishing House, 2005.
Improve your German, learn Chinese from scratch, or dive into business English – these are just some of the options offered by the HSE School of Foreign Languages’ Centre for Language and Methodology Training. HSE News Service talked to Tatyana Baranovskaya, Head of the Centre, and Ekaterina Kolesnikova, Head of the School of Foreign Languages, about their new programmes and the centre’s goals.