- Research Assistant:Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge / Centre for Industrial Market Studies and Business Strategies / Unit for Intellectual Services Market Research
- Postgraduate Student:Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge
- Nikolay Chichkanov has been at HSE since 2015.
Higher School of Economics
Bachelor's in Economics
Higher School of Economics
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
- Intensive Course on Business Intelligence by visiting lectures from Maastricht University (Basics of Data Analytics in R, 20-24.11.2017, HSE)
- Researcher Connect Workshop (Co-orginised by British Council and HSE Academic Writing Centre). Modules Foundation, Academic Writing, Persuasive Proposals (15-16.11.2017).
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2018-2019)
2nd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: The Impact of Customer Interactions on Innovation Activities in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services
Academic Supervisor: Belousova, Veronika
1. Academic and applied research projects
2. Editing the "Monitoring of Knowledge-Intensive Business Services in Russia" website
- Preprint Chichkanov N., Miles I. D., Belousova V. Conditions for Innovation in KIBS: Evidence from Russia / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Science, Technology and Innovation". 2019. No. 92/STI/2019.
- Article Chichkanov N., Miles I. D., Belousova V. Drivers for innovation in KIBS: evidence from Russia // Service Industries Journal. 2019. P. 1-23. doi (in press)
- Article Miles I. D., Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Knowledge intensive business services: innovation and occupations // Foresight. 2019. P. 1-32. doi (in press)
- Chapter Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Why do Smartphones and Tablets Users Adopt Mobile Banking, in: Handbook of Financial Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, and Technology. World Scientific, 2019. (in press)
- Article Miles I. D., Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Knowledge intensive business services: ambiguities and continuities // Foresight. 2018. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 1-26. doi
- Article Miles I. D., Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Innovation Configurations in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services // Foresight and STI Governance. 2017. Vol. 11. No. 3. P. 94-102. doi
- Chapter Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Innovation Modes in Knowledge Intensive Business Services: Evidence from Russia, in: Proceedings of the IFKAD 2016-Dresden, Germany 15-17 June 2016. IFKAD, 2016. P. 2186-2199.
- Article Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Knowledge-Intensive Business Services in Russia: 2014–2015 Crisis Aftermath // Foresight and STI Governance. 2016. Vol. 10. No. 4. P. 46-58. doi
- Article Киселев В. Ю., Чичканов Н. Ю. Зарубежный опыт построения систем индикаторов банковских кризисов // Управление финансовыми рисками. 2016. № 3(47). С. 196-214.
- Preprint Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Mobile Banking Adoption in Russia: What Incentives Matter? / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Science, Technology and Innovation". 2015. No. WP BRP 48/STI/2015 .
- Article Belousova V., Chichkanov N. Mobile Banking in Russia: User Intention towards Adoption // Foresight and STI Governance. 2015. Vol. 9. No. 3. P. 26-39.
Regular Bulletins & Analytical Notes (in Russian)
'Science, Technology and Innovations' series
- № 56 (21.06) Innovation Activities of the Knowledge-Intensive Business Services Sector Companies: International Comparison
- № 51 (03.05) KIBS development in Russian regions
- № 49 (20.04) Coproduction and Use of KIBS: Customers' View
- № 48 (14.04) KIBS Standardization and Interaction with Customers
- № 28 (16.11) Innovation Activity in KIBS
'Monitoring of KIBS in Russia' series
Conrerences & Workshops Presentations
- III International Scientific and Practical Conference 'Innovative Economics and Management: Methods and Technologies' (16-17 May, 2018, Moscow, Russia). Presentation: Innovation activity of KIBS in Russia
- XIX April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (10-13 April, Moscow, Russia). Presentation: Innovation activity of KIBS in Russia
- Second World Congress of Comparative Economics «1917 –2017: Revolution and Evolution in Economic Development» (15-17 June, St. Petersburg, Russia). Presentation: Composing the Financial Stress Index for the Assessment of the Banking Sector Stability
- XVII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (19-22 April, 2016, Moscow, Russia). Presentation: Incentives to Use Mobile Banking in Russia
Applied Research Project 'Analysis of the activities of Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Network compared to international peers in the field of digital broadcasting' (Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Network, 2018)
Study of the activity of innovation process actors: development of the theoretical framework and methodological approaches (HSE Program of Fundamental Studies, 2018)
Development of theoretical and methodological approaches to studying activities of innovation process participants (HSE Program of Fundamental Studies, 2017)
Monitoring knowledge-intensive business services in Russia: functions and roles in the innovation process (HSE Program of Fundamental Studies, 2016)
since 2016 - Unit for Intellectual Services Market Research, ISSEK HSE, research assistant
A number of events happened in late October — early November, important to HSE ISSEK members who combine their work with postgraduate studies (or did, or are about to begin).
The special issue of the Foresight and STI Governance journal covers various aspects of innovation entrepreneurship in transition economies
The HSE ISSEK experts compared data about the application of technological, marketing, and organisational innovations by the Russian knowledge-intensive business services sector (KIBS) companies with relevant figures for European countries such as the UK, Germany, Denmark, Malta, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. The results are presented in the latest newsletter in the "Science, Technology, and Innovation" series.
The new issue of Foresight and STI Governance (2016, vol. 10, No. 4) presents the results of Russian-based studies to assess import substitution prospects, discuss the current state of the knowledge-intensive business services sector, and looks at the impact of fixed-term employment contracts on companies’ innovation activities. Furthermore, international experts share their methodological recommendations on boosting the effectiveness of European innovation policy, and designing technology development strategies.