- Maxim Markin has been at HSE since 2008.
Master's in Applied Methods of Social Analysis of Markets
Higher School of Economics, Sociology
Bachelor's in Economic Sociology
Higher School of Economics, Sociology
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Lecturers" (2013-2014)
Category "Future Lecturers" (2010-2011)
- Applied Sociology of Markets (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 1 year, 3 module)Rus
- Economic Sociology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Sociology"; 2 year, 2, 3 module)Rus
- Projects and Databases in Academic and Marketing Research (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Sociology"; 4 year, 3 module)Rus
- Research Seminar (Bachelor’s programme; School of Foreign Languages; programme "Foreign Languages and Intercultural Communication"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar «Firms and Markets» (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Applied Economics"; 2 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Sociology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Economics", "Economics and Statistics"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Sociology of Entrepreneurship (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Sociology"; 4 year, 1 module)Eng
- Sociology of Markets (1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Article Markine M. L’adaptation des acteurs du commerce de détail aux nouvelles règles de l’échange en Russie // Revue d'etudes comparatives Est-Ouest. 2016. Vol. 47. No. 3. P. 101-134.
- Article Acılar A., Markin M., Nazarbaeva E. Exploring the Digital Divide: A Case of Russia and Turkey // International Journal of Innovation in the Digital Economy. 2012. No. 3. P. 35-46.
Participation in International Researches
- "Economic and Social Reforms in Russia: From Formal Laws to Informal Practices", Russian Fund of the Humanities (Moscow, Russia) and the House of the Sciences of Man (Paris, France), 2012-2014
- "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Russia", State University – Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia), 2008-2010
International Conferences Presentations
- 14 Annual Aleksanteri Conference "Restructuring State and Society in Russia", Aleksanteri Institute, Finnish Centre for Russian and Eastern European Studies, Helsinki (Finland), 22-24 October 2014. Presentation: "State Regulation of Business Partners Relationships in Contemporary Russia: How Retailers and Suppliers Are Adapting the Trade Law"
- 18 World Congress of Sociology, International Sociological Association, Yokohama (Japan), 13-19 July 2014. Presentation: "The Problem of Opportunism in the Changing Conditions (A Case of the Relationships between Retailers and Suppliers in Contemporary Russia)"
- 11 European Sociological Association Conference "Crisis, Critique and Change", University of Turin, Turin (Italy), 28-31 August 2013. Presentation: "Changes of Institutions after the State Interference in the Markets (A Case of Contemporary Russian Retailing)"
- European Congress "Europe: Crisis and Renewal", University of Cambridge, Cambridge (United Kingdom), 5-8 April 2013. Presentation:"Who Won and Who Lost after Passing the Trade Law in Russia: Appraisals of Retailers and Suppliers"
- 12 Annual Aleksanteri Conference "Competition and Good Society - the Eastern Model", Aleksanteri Institute, Finnish Centre for Russian and Eastern European Studies, Helsinki (Finland), 24-26 October 2012. Presentation: "Trying to Restore the Competition: Conflicting Results of the State Regulation in Russian Retail Industry"
- International Conference "Converging and Conflicting Trends in the Public Administration of the US, Europe, and Germany", German Research Institute for Public Administration, Speyer (Germany), 19-20 July 2012. Presentation: "State Justification for Regulation of Russian Retailing"
- 11 Annual Aleksanteri Conference "The Dragon and the Bear: Strategic Choices of China and Russia", Aleksanteri Institute, Finnish Centre for Russian and Eastern European Studies, Helsinki (Finland), 9-11 November 2011. Presentation: "Logics of Justification for State Regulation in Russia (A Case of the Trade Law)"
- XII International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, 5-7 April 2011. Presentation: "Exploring the Digital Divide: A Case of Russia and Turkey" (co-authored: A.Acilar, E.Nazarbaeva)
- International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Family Business and Innovation, Cankaya University, Ankara (Turkey), 21-23 October 2010. Presentation: "Innovations in Russian and Turkish Businesses before the Global Economic Crisis: Opinions of Entrepreneurs in 2008" (co-authored: E.Nazarbaeva)