- Leading Research Fellow:Centre for Cognition & Decision Making
- Andriy Myachykov has been at HSE since 2014.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Psychology
Thesis Title: Integrating perceptual, semantic, and syntactic information in sentence production
Master's in Psychology
University of Oregon, Psychology
- Chapter Myachykov A., Pokhoday M., Tomlin R. Attention and structural choice in sentence production, in: Oxford handbook of Psycholinguistics. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018. doi Ch. 2. P. 1-24. doi
- Article Stupina E., Myachykov A., Shtyrov Y. Automatic Lexical Access in Visual Modality: Eye-Tracking Evidence // Frontiers in Psychology. 2018. Vol. 9. P. 1-10. doi
- Article Novitskiy N., Myachykov A., Shtyrov Y. Crosslinguistic interplay between semantics and phonology in late bilinguals: neurophysiological evidence // Bilingualism: Language and Cognition. 2018 doi (in press)
- Article Martín-Luengo B., Shtyrov Y., Luna K., Myachykov A. Different answers to different audiences: effects of social context on the accuracy-informativeness trade-off // Memory. 2018. Vol. 26. No. 7. P. 993-1007. doi
- Article Pokhoday M., Myachykov A. Effects of Auditory and Visual Cueing of Attention on Syntactic Choice in Sentence Production. // Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. 15. No. 2. P. 209-221.
- Article Pokhoday M., Scheepers C., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. Motor (but not auditory) attention affects syntactic choice // Plos One. 2018. Vol. 13. No. 4. P. 1-12. doi
- Article Myachykov A. Neurocognitive Aspects of Language Function and Use // Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. 15. P. 189-190. doi (in press)
- Article Martín-Luengo B., Myachykov A., Shtyrov Y. Neurocognitive Aspects of Language Function and Use // Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. 15. P. 189-190. doi
- Chapter Martín-Luengo B., Vorobyova A., Feurra M., Myachykov A., Shtyrov Y. Selective Social Context-Dependent Role of the Left Medial Prefrontal Cortex in Communication Exchanges, in: Neurobiology of Speech and Language. Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop. St. Petersburg : ., 2018. Ch. 2. P. 16-16. (in press)
- Article Koshkin R., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A., Ossadtchi A. Testing the Efforts Model of Simultaneous Interpreting: An ERP Study // Plos One. 2018. Vol. 10. No. 13. P. 1-18. doi
- Article Myachykov A., Akram U., Ellis J., Chapman A., Barclay N. Anxiety mediates the relationship between multidimensional perfectionism and insomnia disorder // Personality and Individual Differences. 2017. No. 104. P. 82-86. doi
- Article Myachykov A., Garrod S., Scheepers C. Attention and memory play different roles in syntactic choice during sentence production. // Discourse Processes. 2017. P. 1-12. doi (in press)
- Article Myachykov A., Chapman A., Fischer M. Cross-representational interactions: Interface and overlap mechanisms // Frontiers in Psychology. 2017. Vol. 7. No. January . P. 1-7. doi
- Preprint Pokhoday M., Scheepers C., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. MOTOR (BUT NOT AUDITORY) ATTENTION AFFECTS SYNTACTIC CHOICE / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PSY "Psychology". 2017.
- Article Akram U., Ellis J., Myachykov A., Barclay N. Preferential attention towards the eye-region amongst individuals with insomnia // Journal of Sleep Research. 2017. P. 84-91. doi
- Article Vukovic N., Feurra M., Shpektor A., Myachykov A., Shtyrov Y. Primary motor cortex functionally contributes to language comprehension: An online rTMS study. // Neuropsychologia. 2017. P. 222-229. doi
- Article Scheepers C., Raffray C., Myachykov A. The lexical boost effect is not diagnostic of lexically-specific syntactic representations // Journal of Memory and Language. 2017. No. 95. P. 102-115. doi
- Article Dagaev N., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. The role of executive control in the activation of manual affordances // Psychological Research. 2017. Vol. 81. No. 6. P. 1110-1124. doi
- Article Myachykov A., Pasqualotto A., Dumitru M. L. Editorial: Multisensory integration: Brain, body, and world // Frontiers in Psychology. 2016. Vol. 6. No. JAN doi
- Article Myachykov A., Akram U., Ellis J., Barclay N. Misperception of tiredness in young adults with insomnia // Journal of Sleep Research. 2016. Vol. 25. No. 4. P. 466-474. doi
- Article Myachykov A., Pasqualotto A., Dumitru M. L. Multisensory integration: Brain, body, and the world. // Frontiers in Psychology. 2016 doi
- Article Barclay N., Myachykov A. Sustained wakefulness and visual attention: Moderation by chronotype // Experimental brain research. 2016 doi
- Chapter Myachykov A., Tomlin R. S. Attention in the organization and development of grammar., in: Handbook of Cognitive Linguistics. De Gruyter Mouton, 2015. P. 31-53.
- Article Myachykov A., Ellis R., Cangelosi A., Fischer M. H. The oculomotor resonance effect in spatial-numerical mapping. // Acta Psychologica. 2015. No. 161. P. 162-169. doi
- Article Myachykov A., Scheepers C., Fischer M. H., Kessler K. TEST: A Tropic, Embodied, and Situated Theory of cognition // Topics in Cognitive Science. 2014. No. 6(3). P. 442-460. doi
- Tomlin, R.S. & Myachykov, A. (in press). Attention in the organization and development of grammar. In E. Dabrowska & D. Divjak (Eds.) Handbook of Cognitive Linguistics.
- Myachykov, A., Scheepers, C., Fischer, M.H., & Kessler, K. (2014). TEST: A Tropic, Embodied, and Situated Theory of cognition. Topics in Cognitive Science, 6(3), 442-460, DOI: 10.1111/tops.12024
- Thompson, D., Ling, S., Myachykov, A., Ferreira, F., & Scheepers, C. (2013). Patient-related constraints on get- and be-passive uses in English: Evidence from paraphrasing. Frontiers in Psychology, 4:848. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00848
- Myachykov, A., Ellis, R., Cangelosi, A., & Fischer, M.H. (2013). Visual and linguistic cues to graspable objects. Experimental Brain Research, 229(4), 545-559. DOI: 10.1007/s00221-013-3616-z
- Myachykov, A., Scheepers, C., Garrod, S., Thompson, D., & Fedorova, O. (2013). Syntactic flexibility and competition in sentence production: The case of English and Russian. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 66(8), 1601-1619. DOI: 10.1080/17470218.2012.754910
- Myachykov, A., Scheepers, C., & Shtyrov, Y.Y. (2013). Interfaces between language and cognition. Frontiers in Psychology, 4:258. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00258
- Myachykov, A., Thompson, D., Garrod, S. & Scheepers, C. (2012). Referential and visual cues to structural choice in sentence production. Frontiers in Psychology, 2:396. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2011.00396
- Myachykov, A., Garrod, S., & Scheepers, C. (2012). Determinants of structural choice in visually-situated sentence production. Acta Psychologica, 141(3), 304-315. DOI: 10.1016/j.actpsy.2012.09.006
- Myachykov, A. & Scheepers, C. (2012). The role of attention in the choice of syntactic structure. In A.A. Kibrik, T.V. Chernigovskaya, & A.V. Dubasova (Eds.), Cognitive Studies, Volume 5. (pp. 138-159). Institute of Psychology, Russian Academy of Science, Moscow.
- 2016experimental psychology society meeting (Durham). Presentation: Overlap and interface between simulated knowledge representations
- 2015Cognition, Computation, Communication, and Perception: Theoretical and Neurobiological Bases of Higher Cognitive Functions (CCCP-2)”. (Москва). Presentation: Sensorimotor simulations of abstract and concrete knowledge representations.
- 2014Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception: Psychological and Neurobiological Aspects (CCCP-1)”. (Москва). Presentation: Attention and abstract representations: Language, numbers, and affordances.
This year, 117 students graduated from doctoral programmes at the HSE campus in Moscow. On November 1, they received their graduation certificates. Some of them also defended their theses under a new procedure that was introduced at HSE this year, while the others will do this within the next year.
HSE is launching a new platform to host popular science lectures for all students and staff. The new lecture series will unveil the results of the most recent research carried out by HSE’s laboratories and advanced research centres.