- Oleg Pianykh has been at HSE University since 2012.
PhD, Computer Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA, August 1998
MS with honors, Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia, June 1994
D.E.R. (Diplôme d'Etudes et de Recherches), Philosophy, French University College, Moscow State University and Sorbonne University, Paris, May 1994
Student Term / Thesis Papers
V. Lopatin, Program for Real-time Segmentation of Smooth Objects in 3D Medical Imaging Data. Faculty of Computer Science, 2016
- Research Seminar "Data Mining and Analysis" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; 4 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Data Mining and Analysis 1" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; 2 year, 1-4 module)Rus
Editorial board membership
2011: Guest Editor, American Journal of Roentgenology (American Journal of Roentgenology).
2010: Guest Editor, Pattern Recognition.
- Book Proceedings of the first Workshop on Data Analysis in Medicine (WDAM-2017) / Ed. by J. Baixeries, S. Boytcheva, O. Pianykh, A. Neznanov, S. Kuznetsov. Issue 6. EasyChair, 2018. doi
- Article Pianykh O., Stites M. How secure is your radiology department? Mapping digital radiology adoption and security worldwide // American Journal of Roentgenology. 2016. Vol. 206. No. 4. P. 797-804. doi
- Article Oglevee C., Pianykh O. Losing Images in Digital Radiology: More than You Think // Journal of Digital Imaging. 2014. P. 1-8.
- Book Pianykh O. Digital Image Quality in Medicine. NY : Springer, 2013.
- Article Pianykh O., Ridge C., Litmanovich D., Wilcox C., Boiselle P., Raptopoulos V., Bankier A. Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction in CT Angiography for Suspected Pulmonary Embolism: Effect on Objective and Subjective Image Quality // American Journal of Roentgenology. 2012. Vol. 198. No. 5
- Article Pianykh O. Digital Perfusion Phantoms for Visual Perfusion Validation // American Journal of Roentgenology. 2012. Vol. 199. No. 3. P. 627-634.
- Article Pianykh O. Finitely-supported L2-optimal kernels for digital signal interpolation // IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2012. Vol. 60. No. 3. P. 494-498.
- Article Pianykh O. Perfusion linearity and its applications in perfusion algorithm analysis // Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. 2012. Vol. 36. No. 3. P. 204-214.
- medical informatics
- operational problems (scheduling problems, workflow optimizaiton, queueing)
- data analysis (patterns, machine learning, models and computer simulations)
- image processing and analysis
- Medical Informatics (Master's at the School of Applied Mathematics and Information Science; Programme: Mathematical Modeling; Speciality: Intelligent Systems; first year, Blocks 3, 4)
Higher School of Economics and EMC Cloud and Big Data R&D Center in Moscow (Skolkovo) have signed a cooperation agreement, which includes the creation of a Project and Study Group in Bioinformatics. HSE students and lecturers are a key part of the group.
Course of lectures by Oleg Pianych, PhD, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School