- Assistant Professor, Senior Research Fellow:Graduate School of Business / Department of Strategic and International Management
- Yuriy Timofeyev has been at HSE University since 2018.
Editorial board membership
2021: Deputy Editor-in-chief (Associate Editor), Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation.
2021: Guest Editor (Co-Editor of Research Topic "Current Questions and Challenges in Healthcare of the Post-Socialist Countries"), Frontiers in Public Health.
2021: Deputy Editor-in-chief (Associate Editor), International Journal of Health Planning and Management.
2020: Guest Editor (Guest Associate Editor), Frontiers in Pharmacology.
2020: Member of the Editorial Board, Security Journal.
2020: Guest Editor (Special Issue "Challenge of Sustainable Healthcare Financing Across Eurasia and Emerging Markets in 2020s"), Sustainability.
2019: Member of the Editorial Board (Guest Associate Editor), Guest Editor (Co-Editor of Research Topic "Rising Stars: Health Economics 2021"), Guest Editor (Co-Editor of Research Topic "Emerging Markets' Health and Pharmaceutical Sectors at the Dawn of a Potential Global Financial Crisis of early 2020s"), Guest Editor (Co-Editor of Research Topic "Fraud and Corruption in Healthcare"), Frontiers in Public Health.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economic Sciences
Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
Thesis Title: Essays on Occupational Fraud
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
Thesis Title: Модели и тенденции развития государственной социальной политики в России [Models and Tendencies of State Social Policy Development in Russia]
Diploma with distinction in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2021, 2020: Certificate of Continuing Professional Education -
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
2019: Certificate of Continuing Professional Development -
Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group
Student Term / Thesis Papers
I. Inchenko, The Effect of Strategic Leaders’ Engagement with Social Media on Company Performance: Evidence from the Russian Banking Industry. Graduate School of Business, 2021
K. Smirnov, The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility Projects on Brands' Development in the Russian Banking Sector. Graduate School of Business, 2021
A. Chekanov, The Capabilities of Decision Support System in Making Strategic Decisions in Russian Industrial Companies. Graduate School of Business, 2021
D. Epifanova, The Impact of Media Pressure on the Use of Corrupt Corporate Governance Practices in Russia. Graduate School of Business, 2021
E. Bolotina, CSR Communication Strategies with Key Stakeholder Groups: The Case of PJSC Rostelecom. Graduate School of Business, 2021
K. Shchipanova, Efficiency Analysis of Anti-Fraud Control Mechanisms: a Case-study of Banks of Eastern Europe. Graduate School of Business, 2020
N. Kim, Management of South Korean Family Companies' Subsidiaries in Russia: Predicaments and Potential for Development. Graduate School of Business, 2020
К. Solodovnikova, Private investment attraction strategies in the East European real estate market: Case of Adva Group. Graduate School of Business, 2020
E. Abakhova, Strategic Analysis of the Beauty Salon "Versailles». Graduate School of Business, 2019
H. Hasidier, Governance Structure and Improvement Strategies of Chinese Family Business. Graduate School of Business, 2021
E. Samba, Young Companies’ Operational Strategies in the Russian Information Technology Sector. Graduate School of Business, 2020
D. Issa adamou, Women's Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Study of Russia and Niger. Graduate School of Business, 2020
- Business Ethics (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 4 year, 2 module)Eng
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Research Methodology in Management (Master’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- International Entrepreneurship (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 2 year, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Research Tools in Strategic Management" (Master’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
Russian Science Foundation (RSF): A winner of the 2020 competition "Initiative research by young scientists" of the Presidential Program of research projects implemented by leading scientists. Individual Project #20-78-00023 "The impact of voting rules on making unethical and fraudulent decisions threatening economic security".
▪ Feess E., Kerzenmacher F., Timofeyev, Y. Consequentialist or deontological models of moral behavior – What predicts moral transgressions? R&R in: European Economic Review
▪ Dudek T., Feess E., Timofeyev Y. The impact of peer pressure on effort and cheating: An experimental approach. AEA RCT Registry. September 09. https://doi.org/10.1257/rct.8201-1.0
▪ Timofeyev Y., Sattarova D. Strategic responses to economic crimes in the Russian insurance industry.
Articles and book chapters13
- Chapter Timofeyev Y., Skidmore M. Examining private sector strategies for preventing insurance fraud, in: The Handbook of Security, 3rd ed.. Palgrave Macmillan, 2022. (in press)
- Article Timofeyev Y., Dremova O. Insurers’ responses to cyber crime: Evidence from Russia // International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice. 2022. Vol. 68. Article 100520. doi (in press)
- Article Timofeyev Y., Hayes S., Jakovljević M. Predictors of loss due to pharmaceutical fraud: Evidence from the U.S. // Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation. 2022 doi (in press)
- Article Timofeyev Y., Busalaeva T. Current trends in insurance fraud in Russia: Evidence from a survey of industry experts // Security Journal. 2021. Vol. 34. No. 1. P. 1-25. doi
- Chapter Stepanova A. N., Subbotkina A., Timofeyev Y. Development and Predicaments of Entrepreneurship and Family Businesses in Russia, in: The Routledge Companion to Asian Family Business. Routledge, 2021. Ch. 10. P. 215-233.
- Article Timofeyev Y., Dremova O. Ethical beliefs and behaviour of university educators: Evidence from Russia // Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education. 2021 doi (in press)
- Chapter Feess E., Timofeyev Y. Behavioural red flags and loss sizes from asset misappropriation: Evidence from the U.S., in: Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research Vol. 23. Emerald Publishing Limited, 2020. Ch. 4. P. 77-117. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Jakovljević M. Fraudster’s and victims’ profiles and loss predictors’ hierarchy in the mental healthcare industry in the US // Journal of Medical Economics. 2020. Vol. 23. No. 10. P. 1111-1122. doi
- Article Jakovljević M., Sugahara T., Timofeyev Y., Rancic N. Predictors of (in)efficiencies of healthcare expenditure among the leading East Asian economies – comparison of OECD and non-OECD nations // Risk Management and Healthcare Policy. 2020. Vol. 13. P. 2261-2280. doi
- Article Jakovljević M., Timofeyev Y., Ranabhat C., Fernandes P. O., Teixeira J., Rancic N., Reshetnikov V. Real GDP growth rates and healthcare spending – comparison between the G7 and the EM7 countries // Globalization and Health. 2020. Vol. 16. Article 64. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. Analysis of predictors of organizational losses due to occupational corruption // International Business Review. 2015. Vol. 24. No. 4. P. 630-641. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Yan H. Predicaments of entrepreneurship in transitional Russia // International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 70-95. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. The effects of the informal sector on income of the poor in Russia // Social Indicators Research. 2013. Vol. 111. No. 3. P. 855-866. doi
- 2021The 10th Counter Fraud And Forensic Accounting Conference (Portsmouth). Presentation: Insurers' Responses to Cyber Crime: Evidence from Russia
- 2020Annual Conference of the Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics (Moscow). Presentation: The impact of voting rules and communication in groups on the violation of norms: Theory and evidence from the laboratory
- 2019Annual Conference 2019 of the European Academy of Management (Lisbon). Presentation: How Can One Detect Asset Misappropriation Schemes Earlier? Evidence from the U.S.
- The 9th Counter Fraud And Forensic Accounting Conference (Portsmouth). Presentation: Fraudster’s and Victims’ Profiles and Loss Predictors Hierarchy in the Mental Healthcare in the U.S.
- Analytics for Management and Economics Conference (St. Petersburg). Presentation: How is Insurance Fraud Conducted and Prevented in Russia? Evidence from a Survey of Industry Experts