- Assistant Professor, Senior Research Fellow:Graduate School of Business / Department of Strategic and International Management
- Yuriy Timofeyev has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economic Sciences
Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
Thesis Title: Essays on Occupational Fraud
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
Thesis Title: Модели и тенденции развития государственной социальной политики в России [Models and Tendencies of State Social Policy Development in Russia]
Diploma with distinction in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2020: Certificate of Continuing Professional Education -
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
2019: Certificate of Continuing Professional Development -
Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group
Student Term / Thesis Papers
N. Kim, Management of South Korean Family Companies' Subsidiaries in Russia: Predicaments and Potential for Development. Graduate School of Business, 2020
К. Solodovnikova, Private investment attraction strategies in the East European real estate market: Case of Adva Group. Graduate School of Business, 2020
K. Shchipanova, Efficiency Analysis of Anti-Fraud Control Mechanisms: a Case-study of Banks of Eastern Europe. Graduate School of Business, 2020
E. Abakhova, Strategic Analysis of the Beauty Salon "Versailles». Graduate School of Business, 2019
D. Issa adamou, Women's Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Study of Russia and Niger. Graduate School of Business, 2020
E. Samba, Young Companies’ Operational Strategies in the Russian Information Technology Sector. Graduate School of Business, 2020
- Business Ethics (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 4 year, 2 module)Eng
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Research Methodology in Management (Master’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- International Entrepreneurship (Bachelor’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 2 year, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Research Tools in Strategic Management" (Master’s programme; Graduate School of Business; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
Articles and book chapters9
- Chapter Stepanova A. N., Subbotkina A., Timofeyev Y. Development and Predicaments of Entrepreneurship and Family Businesses in Russia, in: The Routledge Companion to Asian Family Business. Routledge, 2021. P. 1-27. (in press)
- Chapter Feess E., Timofeyev Y. Behavioural red flags and loss sizes from asset misappropriation: Evidence from the U.S., in: Advances in Accounting Behavioural Research Vol. 23. Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., 2020. Ch. 4. P. 77-117. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Jakovljević M. Fraudster’s and victims’ profiles and loss predictors hierarchy in the mental healthcare in the US // Journal of Medical Economics. 2020. Vol. 23. No. 10. P. 1111-1122. doi
- Article Jakovljević M., Sugahara T., Timofeyev Y., Rancic N. Predictors of (in)efficiencies of healthcare expenditure among the leading East Asian economies – comparison of OECD and non-OECD nations // Risk Management and Healthcare Policy. 2020. Vol. 13. P. 2261-2280. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Busalaeva T. Current trends in insurance fraud in Russia: Evidence from a survey of industry experts // Security Journal. 2019. P. 1-25. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. Analysis of predictors of organizational losses due to occupational corruption // International Business Review. 2015. Vol. 24. No. 4. P. 630-641. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Yan H. Predicaments of entrepreneurship in transitional Russia // International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 70-95. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. The effects of the informal sector on income of the poor in Russia // Social Indicators Research. 2013. Vol. 111. No. 3. P. 855-866. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. How corruption affects social expenditures: Evidence from Russia // Global Journal of Business Research. 2011. Vol. 5. No. 4. P. 39-51.
- 2020Annual Conference of the Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics (Moscow). Presentation: The impact of voting rules and communication in groups on the violation of norms: Theory and evidence from the laboratory
- 2019Annual Conference 2019 of the European Academy of Management (Lisbon). Presentation: How Can One Detect Asset Misappropriation Schemes Earlier? Evidence from the U.S.
- The 9th Counter Fraud And Forensic Accounting Conference (Portsmouth). Presentation: Fraudster’s and Victims’ Profiles and Loss Predictors Hierarchy in the Mental Healthcare in the U.S.
- Analytics for Management and Economics Conference (St. Petersburg). Presentation: How is Insurance Fraud Conducted and Prevented in Russia? Evidence from a Survey of Industry Experts
Editorial board membership
2020: Member of the Editorial Board, Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation.
2020: Guest Editor, Frontiers in Pharmacology.
2020: Guest Editor (Research Topic on Fraud and Corruption in Healthcare), Frontiers in Public Health.
2020: Member of the Editorial Board, Security Journal.
2020: Guest Editor (Special Issue), Sustainability.
2019: Member of the Editorial Board (Review Editor), Frontiers in Public Health.
Russian Science Foundation (RSF): A winner of the 2020 competition "Initiative research by young scientists" of the Presidential Program of research projects implemented by leading scientists. Individual Project #20-78-00023 "The impact of voting rules on making unethical and fraudulent decisions threatening economic security".