- Yuriy Timofeyev has been at HSE since 2018.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economic Sciences
Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
Thesis Title: Essays on Occupational Fraud
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
Thesis Title: Модели и тенденции развития государственной социальной политики в России [Models and Tendencies of State Social Policy Development in Russia]
Diploma with distinction in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Research Seminar "Research Instruments in Strategic Management" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Business and Management; programme "Business Development Strategies: Management and Consulting"; 1st year, 2nd module) (ENG)
Articles and book chapters6
- Article Timofeyev Y., Feess E. Behavioral red flags and loss sizes from asset misappropriation: Evidence from the US // Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research. 2019. Vol. 22 (in press)
- Article Timofeyev Y. Analysis of predictors of organizational losses due to occupational corruption // International Business Review. 2015. Vol. 24. No. 4. P. 630-641. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Yan H. Predicaments of entrepreneurship in transitional Russia // International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 70-95. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. The effects of the informal sector on income of the poor in Russia // Social Indicators Research. 2013. Vol. 111. No. 3. P. 855-866. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Timofeyeva G. Does effective social policy guarantee happiness? // International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering. 2012. Vol. 6. No. 3. P. 330-337.
- Article Timofeyev Y. How corruption affects social expenditures: Evidence from Russia // Global Journal of Business Research. 2011. Vol. 5. No. 4. P. 39-51.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the 5th International Conference on Management Studies (2019)
The effect of national pension system on capitalization of pension fees efficiency in Russia. Russian Foundation for Humanities Grant #14-002-00112 (Jan 2014 – Dec 2015; with Tumanyants, K. (PI), Timofeyeva, G., & Utuchenkova, M.)
Mechanism of optimization of state social protection system in Volgograd region. Russian Foundation for Humanities Grant #12-12-34000 (Jan 2012 – Dec 2012; with Timofeyeva, G. (PI), & Tumanyants, K.)
Efficiency estimation of state social policy in Russian Federation. Russian Foundation for Humanities Grant #10-02-20205 (Jan 2010 – Dec 2011; with Timofeyeva, G. (PI), & Buyanova, M.)
09.2018 – Present NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow
Assistant Professor of Management
09.2012 – 07.2018 Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Frankfurt am Main
Teaching and Research Assistant
01.2009 – 08.2012 Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat), Volgograd
Specialist at the Division of Trade and Public Services