- Yuriy Timofeyev has been at HSE since 2018.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economic Sciences
Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
Thesis Title: Essays on Occupational Fraud
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
Thesis Title: Модели и тенденции развития государственной социальной политики в России [Models and Tendencies of State Social Policy Development in Russia]
Diploma with distinction in Economic Theory
Volgograd State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Abakhova «Strategic Analysis of the Beauty Salon "Versailles»». Faculty of Business and Management, 2019
- Research Seminar "Research Tools in Strategic Management" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Business and Management; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- International Entrepreneurship (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Business and Management; 2 year, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Research Tools in Strategic Management" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Business and Management; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
Articles and book chapters6
- Article Timofeyev Y., Feess E. Behavioral red flags and loss sizes from asset misappropriation: Evidence from the US // Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research. 2019. Vol. 22 (in press)
- Article Jakovljević M., Fernandes P. O., Teixeira J. P., Rancic N., Timofeyev Y., Reshetnikov V. Underlying Differences in Health Spending Within the World Health Organisation Europe Region—Comparing EU15, EU Post-2004, CIS, EU Candidate, and CARINFONET Countries // International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019. Vol. 16. No. 17. P. 1-15. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. Analysis of predictors of organizational losses due to occupational corruption // International Business Review. 2015. Vol. 24. No. 4. P. 630-641. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y., Yan H. Predicaments of entrepreneurship in transitional Russia // International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 70-95. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. The effects of the informal sector on income of the poor in Russia // Social Indicators Research. 2013. Vol. 111. No. 3. P. 855-866. doi
- Article Timofeyev Y. How corruption affects social expenditures: Evidence from Russia // Global Journal of Business Research. 2011. Vol. 5. No. 4. P. 39-51.
- 2019Annual Conference 2019 of the European Academy of Management (Lisbon). Presentation: How Can One Detect Asset Misappropriation Schemes Earlier? Evidence from the U.S.
- The 9th Counter Fraud And Forensic Accounting Conference (Portsmouth). Presentation: Fraudster’s and Victims’ Profiles and Loss Predictors Hierarchy in the Mental Healthcare in the U.S.
09.2018 – Present NRU Higher School of Economics, Moscow
Assistant Professor of Management
09.2012 – 07.2018 Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Frankfurt am Main
Teaching and Research Assistant
01.2009 – 08.2012 Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat), Volgograd
Specialist at the Division of Trade and Public Services