For the team assignment and presentation students are:
- expected to analyse business practices, examples and draw adequate and singular conclusions, involving their theoretical and practical knowledge.
- required to know major business models, and peculiarities of external and internal environment in Russia;
- required to know major concepts in cross-cultural management and cross-cultural interactions’ business models in order to be able to develop an effective multicultural teamwork on an example of a global company;
The team assignment consists of in-field research project and its presentation. Students are proposed to conduct a study on “The impact of Russian national culture on doing business, entrepreneurship, and company management”.
Samples for team projects:
- Multinational companies’ best practices of doing business in Russia;
- Multinational companies’ best practices of entrepreneurship in Russia;
- Multinational companies’ best practices of forming teams;
- Examples of successful leadership of multinational companies.
- Examples of efficient decision-making (for multinational companies).
- The process of staff motivation: best/interesting practices of multinational companies.
- Building efficient communication: best/interesting practices of multinational companies.
- The process of negotiating and resolving corporate conflicts: best/interesting practices of multinational companies.
- Problems of building effective communication in multinational companies.
- Problems of forming an effective staff motivation system in multinational companies.
- Problems of decision-making and resolving conflicts in multinational companies.
- Cross-cultural analysis of building an effective management process: East and West.
Size: Project description 15 - 18 pages, cambria/collibri font 12, spacing 1,5;
Power Point presentation of the project: 20-25 slides.
Deadlines: Students are strictly recommended to follow the deadlines of the assignments. Failure to comply with deadlines reduces the grades by 20% (1 – 3 days) up to 50% (after 7 days).