About the Programme
Today the Russian education system critically lacks specialists whose ability to teach literature meets the objectives of modern education. The innovative Master’s Programme in Philological Hermeneutics of School Language Arts prepares qualified specialists in literature who can contribute to the modernization of Russian education.
Graduates of the Programme will be able to:
- Implement an activity approach when teaching literature;
- Adjust the educational process to individual student requirements;
- Involve students in research and project activities as a part of the Programme’s workshops;
- Perceive both the traditional and original aspects of each literary work;
- Comprehend the historical and ideological individuality of an author and define that person’s connection with their era and contemporaries;
- Use a theoretic and literary background to analyze certain works, authors’ biographies, and the literary process as a whole;
- Recognize text construction techniques from the rhythm and metre of poetry to the fine points of linguistic stylistics.
Specialists in philological hermeneutics are able to provoke students’ interest in literature, to explain difficult issues using simple words, and to analyze literary works in an historical and cultural context, both Russian and international.
The Programme includes three types of courses: adaptive, compulsory, and elective. Every student is required to participate in research seminars and to work on individual and joint projects.
Admission to the Programme requires adequate proficiency in the English language. Applicants should also submit their portfolios.