The Faculty of Mathematics invites applications to Master’s programme 'Mathematics'
The Faculty of Mathematics invites applications to Master’s programme 'Mathematics'. This programme trains professional researchers in mathematical sciences and experts in mathematical education. Students will be prepared for Ph.D. qualifying tests, have own research agenda and experience and have teaching experience at university level.
M.Sc. program in Mathematics at the Faculty of Mathematics, HSE, Moscow
The M.Sc. program takes two full years of study. All M.Sc. students complete their Individualized Study Plans, which has only a few mandatory items. Students choose from a large pool of special topics courses and research seminars offered by the Faculty of Mathematics and its collaborators, among which are the Steklov Mathematical Institute, the Independent University of Moscow, the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology. By the end of the program , students are required to submit a Master’s thesis. Every M.Sc. student has a faculty advisor, who supervises the Master’s thesis.
Mathematics at the HSE
The Faculty of Mathematics has over 130 members, including 15 invited speakers of the International Congress of Mathematicians. The main research areas are: algebraic geometry, geometric and algebraic topology, differential equations, ergodic theory, dynamical systems, representation theory, functional analysis, mathematical and theoretical physics.
Applicants can expect to:
- Learn from leading experts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics.
- Choose from a wide range of special topics courses and research seminars.
- Take advantage of a great variety of mathematical events happening in Moscow, a world-famous mathematical center, and benefit from a uniquely stimulating, dynamic learning environment.
- Discover the rich and fascinating cultural life of Moscow.
- Take advantage of our student exchange programs with universities in the USA, Europe and Japan.
- Continue their research in our Ph.D. program or in any international Ph.D. program in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics.
- Apply for Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships.
- Apply for travel grants.
- Algebra and Arithmetics
- Geometry and Topology
- Advanced Calculus
- Functional Analysis
- Mathematical Methods of Science
- Research Seminars
- 30 special topics courses: https://www.hse.ru/en/ma/math/courseanns
- More than 20 Math in Moscow courses: https://www.mccme.ru/mathinmoscow/index.php?page=10
- Skoltech University courses: http://www.skoltech.ru/en/education/course-catalog//#
A limited number of tuition waivers (“funded positions”) are available for outstanding international candidates applying on or before February 28, 2018 . All students will be offered accommodation in a university residence for a nominal fee (ca. 1000 Russian roubles per month). The best students will also be offered an Excellence scholarship of ca. 20000 Russian rubles per month.
The official deadline for applications is July 15, 2018 . Candidates requiring visas are recommended to apply earlier. Please visit https://admissions.hse.ru/en/graduate-apply to apply online.
For additional information on the M.Sc. program in Mathematics, visit https://www.hse.ru/en/ma/math/
Before applying, you can visit the Winter Mathematical School of our program (February, 1-5)