Alexandra A. Moskovskaya
- Director:Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies
- Department Head:Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies / Department of Applied Studies of Work and Professions
- Alexandra A. Moskovskaya has been at HSE since 2005.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economic Theory
Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- 20155th EMES Conference on Social Enterprise (Helsinki). Presentation: Institutionalization of social entrepreneurship in Russia: cross-sector partnership or a business project?
- 2013The 11th Conference of the European Sociological Association “Crisis, Critique and Change” (Турин). Presentation: Professional Associations in Russia: between Market and professional Community
- 4th EMES International Conference on Social Enterprise (Льеж). Presentation: Social enterprises and their environment: a comparative study of organizations created by internationally recognized leaders of social entrepreneurship
- 2012Профессии в системе права и общества во Франции и в России (Les professions dans le droit et dans la société en France et en Russie) (Guyancourt). Presentation: Variety and specific character of professional models in Russia
- 20113rd EMES International research conference on soc ial enterprise "Social innovation through social intrepreneurship in civil society" (Роскильде). Presentation: The state and the social entrepreneur in Russia: an accord or a dissonance?
- 10th Conference of the European Sociological Association (Женева). Presentation: Development of professional knowledge towards social entrepreneurship
- 201017-th ISA World Congress of Sociology 2010 (Гётеборг). Presentation: The Variety of Professional Models: Russian Experience in the Western Research Context
- 20099th Conference of European Sociological Association "European Society or European Societies?" (Лиссабон). Presentation: The role of the Russian Business in Formation of a New Professional Model (an Industrial Focus)
- Article Moskovskaya A. A., Soboleva I. Social entrepreneurship in the system of social policy: International experience and prospects of Russia // Studies on Russian Economic Development. 2016. Vol. 27. No. 6. P. 683-688. doi
- Preprint Oberemko O. A., Moskovskaya A. A., Chernysheva M. Dependent and Independent social enterprises: a comparative study of organizations in international perspective / University Library of Munich. Series "Munich Personal RePEc Archive". 2014. No. 54893.
- Preprint Oberemko O. A., Moskovskaya A. A., Chernysheva M. Dependent and Independent social enterprises: a comparative study of organizations in international perspective / Centre International de Recherches et d'Information sur l'Economie Publique, Sociale et Coopérative. Series Theme 7: Network management, partnerships and stakeholders. "Papers and Presentations". 2013. No. Workshop 7.d.
- Preprint Moskovskaya A. A., Oberemko O. A., Silaeva V., Popova I. P., Nazarova I. B., Peshkova O. A., Chernysheva M. Development of Professional Associations in Russia: A Research into Institutional Framework, Self-Regulation Activity, and Barriers to Professionalization / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series SOC "Sociology". 2013. No. WP BRP 26/SOC/2013.
- Chapter Moskovskaya A. A. The role of the Russian Business in Formation of a New Professional Model: an Industrial Focus, in: Russian Sociology in Turbulent Times. M. : Russian Society of Sociologysts, 2011. P. 379-397.
Article of A. Moskovskaya “When is poverty more important than inequality? The difference of interpretations and the situation in Russia”
This article is a response to recent interview of new minister of Economics of Russia Maxim Oreshkin to Kommersant daily, in which the minister associated lowering barriers for the economic growth in Russia with overcoming poverty and lack of human resources. Alongside, he claimed that the problem of poverty is more relevant to the Russian economy than that of inequality.In her article, Moskovskaya A. offers five variants of response to the question what is more relevant – poverty or inequality, depending on socio-economic and political context of a certain country, the relevance of the Russian situation to each variant is discussed..
On March 14th, 2016, an Russian-American seminar on social entrepreneurship and social innovation was held at the Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies. Jeffrey Robinson, Alexandra Moskovskaya, Alexander Chepurenko and several Russian social entrepreneurs took part in the event.
With the joining of new territories to Moscow (“New Moscow”), adjustments are needed to the general plan for development of the capital until 2025. On 5 November, HSE hosted the second workshop in the cycle of “New Moscow in the context of agglomeration: priorities and prospects of development”, which involved the participation of experts from the State Unitary Enterprise – Research and Project Institute for the General Plan of the City of Moscow.