- Vladimir Petrukhin has been at HSE University since 2008.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Korolkov, Christianity on the Route from the Varangians to the Greeks before the Baptism of Rus': Archeological Evidence. Faculty of Humanities, 2020
A. Khubulava, The Formning of the Varangian Guard in the Byzantine (10th–11th Centuries). Faculty of Humanities, 2019
- Archaeology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 2 year, 4 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Archaeology in the Issues of Russian History" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 2 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Archaeology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 2 year, 1 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Archaeology in the Issues of Russian History" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
Editorial board membership
1995: Member of the Editorial Board, Славяноведение.
1994: Member of the Editorial Board, Живая старина.
1975-1991, scientific editor of the redaction of Archeology and ethnography, a Wold history of the"Soviet encyclopedia" publishing house . Editor and author of encyclopedias "Myths of the Peoples of the world," "The Peoples of the world", etc.
1992 - researcher of the Institute of Slavonic studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the ancient history of the Slavs and their neighbors, Varangians and Khazars in the history of Russia, the Slavic paganism, mythology and folklore. Member of the Editorial Board and author of ethno-linguistic dictionary "Slavic Antiquities" (t. 1-5), etc.
1997-2016, Professor of HUMANITIES (Department of Russian history, middle ages - early modern period), lectores on pre-Mongol history of Russia, history of the ancient Slavs, archaeology of the religious antiquities, etc.