- Deputy Head:International laboratory for Mirror Symmetry and Automorphic Forms
- Professor:Faculty of Mathematics
- Vadim Vologodsky has been at HSE since 2015.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Mathematics
Thesis Title: Hodge structure on the fundamental group and its application to p-adic integration
Diploma in Mathematics
Higher College of Mathematics, Independent University of Moscow
Awards and Accomplishments
Student Term / Thesis Papers
- Geometry (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Совместный бакалавриат НИУ ВШЭ и ЦПМ"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Galois Theory (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Introduction to Number Theory (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Number Theory" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Differential Topology (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Mathematics; 1, 2 module)Eng
- Discrete Mathematics and Applications (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Discrete Mathemetics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 2, 3 module)Rus
- Mathematical Analysis (Calculus) (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Mathematics. Licenciatus (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 3 year, 4 module)Rus
- Mathematics Practical Training (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Preprint Vologodsky V., Walcher J., Schwarz A. Integrality of Framing and Geometric Origin of 2-functions / Cornell University. Series arxive "math". 2017. No. 1702.07135.
- Preprint Vologodsky V., Petrov A., Vaintrob D. The Gauss-Manin connection on the periodic cyclic homology / Cornell University. Series arxive "math". 2017.
- Preprint Vologodsky V. Triangulated endofunctors of the derived category of coherent sheaves which do not admit DG liftings / Cornell University. Series math "arxiv.org". 2016. No. 1604.08662.
- Article Vologodsky V., Schwartz A., Walcher J. Framing the Di-Logarithm (over Z) // Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics. 2015. Vol. 90. P. 113-128.
- Article Vologodsky V., Finkelberg M. V., Bezrukavnikov R. Wreath Macdonald polynomials and categorical McKay correspondence // Cambridge Journal of Mathematics. 2014. Vol. 2. No. 2. P. 163-190. (in print)
- Article Vologodsky V., Stewart A. On the centre of the ring of differential operators on a smooth variety over Z/p^nZ // Compositio Mathematica. 2013. Vol. 149. P. 63-80.
- Article Vologodsky V. Some applications of weight structures of Bondarko // International Mathematics Research Notices. 2013. Vol. 2013. No. 2. P. 291-327. doi
- Article Vologodsky V. Hodge realizations of 1-motives and the derived Albanese // K-Theory. 2012. Vol. 10. No. 2. P. 371-412. doi
- Article Vologodsky V., Stewart A. Motivic integral of K3 surfaces over a non-archimedean field // Advances in Mathematics. 2011. Vol. 228. No. 5. P. 2688-2730. doi
After Turning Down Offers in New York and Berlin, Chinese Student Pursues Mathematics Training at HSE
For DaoDao Yang, a native of Dali, China, choosing a programme in mathematics came down to the decision of where he felt most challenged and most comfortable. This ultimately meant turning down offers at New York University and the Berlin Mathematical School to accept an offer from the Master’s programme at the Higher School of Economics. In an extensive interview with the HSE news service, Dao Dao recently spoke about what led him to choose HSE for his postgraduate study; his impressions of the programme, its professors and his fellow students; and his future plans.
Nicholas Howell is a PhD student at University of Oregon. He came to HSE Faculty of Mathematics on the invitation of his research advisor Vadim Vologodsky to do research during two months. In his interview Nick talks about his time in Moscow.