Anna Alexeevna Panova
- Senior Lecturer:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Applied Economics
- Research Fellow:Center for Institutional Studies / International Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Anna Alexeevna Panova has been at HSE University since 2005.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
O. Parkhaeva, Socio-Economic Factors and Educational Migration. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
- 2019An International and Comparative Study of Academic’ Teaching and Researching Activities in the Knowledge Society: Main findings from the APIKS project (Хиросима | Hiroshima). Presentation: Governance Model in Russian University: If there is any impact of recent educational reforms?
- XX APRIL INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC CONFERENCE ON ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT (Москва). Presentation: Side-effects of Russian University Excellence Initiative
- 32nd Annual Conference of the Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER) (Kassel). Presentation: Governance Model in Russian University: if there is any impact of recent educational reforms?
- iCare 7th International Conference on Applied Research in Economics 2019 (Пермь). Presentation: Russian Higher Education: Spillovers of University Excelence Initiative
- 2017XVIII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (Москва). Presentation: On the costly voting model
- 2016GAMES 2016, the 5th World Congress of the Game Theory Society (Маастрихт). Presentation: Governance in University
- 2015Professions, Bonds and Boundaries. Visioning a globalising, managed and inclusive professionalism (Милан). Presentation: Agents of control in Russian university and performance faculty
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
- Article Lovakov A., Panova A. A., Sterligov I., Yudkevich M. M. Does government support of a few leading universities have a broader impact on the higher education system? Evaluation of the Russian University Excellence Initiative // Research Evaluation. 2021 doi (in press)
- Article Schneijderberg C., Götze N., Jones G. A., Bilyalov D., Panova A. A., Stephenson G. K., Yudkevich M. M. Does vertical University Stratification foster or hinder Academics’ Societal Engagement? Findings from Canada, Germany, Kazakhstan, and Russia // Higher Education Policy. 2021. Vol. 34. P. 66-87. doi
- Preprint Panova A. A., Yudkevich M. M., Litvinova L., Alipova O. Academic profession in knowledge society. Main results of the survey of faculty in 2017-2018 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP10 "Научные доклады Института институциональных исследований". 2019.
- Article Panova A. A. Foreign Language Use by the Russian Academia // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2018. Vol. 2. No. 16. P. 21-23.
- Chapter Finkelstein M., Iglesias K., Panova A. A., Yudkevich M. M. Future Prospects for Young Faculty Across the Academic World: A Global Comparison and Assessment, in: Young faculty in the 21st century: International Perspectives / Ed. by M. M. Yudkevich, P. G. Altbach, L. E. Rumbley. NY, Albany : State University of New York Press, 2015. Ch. 12. P. 321-350.
- Preprint Anna Panova. Contracts, Job Security And Development Of The University / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2014. No. 66.
- Article Panova A. A. Governance Structures and Decision Making in Russian Higher Education // Problems of Economic Transition. 2008. Vol. 50. No. 10. P. 65-82.
- Article Panova A. A. Governance Structures and Decision Making in Russian Higher Education // Russian Social Science Review. 2008. Vol. 49. No. 5. P. 76-93.
The grant funds the project "The structure and paths of science in the post-Soviet space: institutional practices and bibliometric analysis". The aim is to compare the development of science in post-Soviet countries in a dynamic perspective. The results of the project will make possible to assess the current state of research in post-Soviet countries, understand the paths of their development over the past 30 years, and evaluate their success.
Anna Panova presented a joint research with Maria Yudkevich, Andrey Lovakov, and Ivan Sterligov on CInSt research seminar on 27th February.
We invite everyone to join our prolific seminars for discussions and new ideas. The seminars are held on each Thursday in K416, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard.
More than 160 proposal were submitted to the conference and only 64 papers were accepted among which there are 3 presentations by CInSt researchers.
We invite everyone to join the sessions which are run by CInSt researchers and listen to the CInSt presentations.
The conference took place at University of Kassel, Germany, and gathered 146 papers by researchers from over 30 countries. CInSt researchers addressed 5 different topics on higher education from bibliometrics to policy implications and economics of education.