- Senior Lecturer:Faculty of Physics
- Igor Baliukin has been at HSE University since 2017.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Mechanics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Physics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Seminar on scientific literature" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Physics; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Article Baliukin I., Izmodenov V., Алексашов Д. Б. Heliospheric energetic neutral atoms: Non-stationary modelling and comparison with IBEX-Hi data // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 2020. Vol. 499. No. 1. P. 441-454. doi
- Article Балюкин И. И., Bertaux J., Quemerais E., Измоденов В. В., Schmidt W. SWAN/SOHO Lyman-α mapping: the Hydrogen Geocorona Extends Well Beyond The Moon // JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-SPACE PHYSICS. 2019. Т. 124. № 2. С. 861-885. doi
- Article Baliukin I., Izmodenov V.V., Moebius E., Alexashov D., Katushkina O., Kucharek H. Secondary Interstellar Oxygen in the Heliosphere: Numerical Modeling and Comparison with IBEX-Lo Data // Astrophysical Journal. 2017. Vol. 850. No. 2. P. 1-10. doi
Why is space so fascinating? Who is hindered by the Earth's geocorona? What personal qualities are essential for a research physicist, and how will academic careers regain their prestige? These were the questions that came up in HSE News Service’s interview of Igor Balyukin, a Senior Lecturer of the HSE Faculty of Physics and the winner of the 'Best Work Performed by Young Scientists' nomination category of the RAS Space Research Institute competition.