- Manager:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School / Samsung-HSE Laboratory
- Manager:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School / Centre of Deep Learning and Bayesian Methods
- Ekaterina Volzhenina has been at HSE University since 2017.
- Communication with administrative units
- Assistance to employees of the Centre
- Preparation of reporting and information materials of the Centre
- Organization of scientific events
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in History
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Lomonosov Moscow State University, "Interpreter in the sphere of professional communication"
- Manager of the Centre of Deep Learning and Bayesian Methods and Samsung-HSE Laboratory based on the Faculty of Computer Science at National Research University Higher School of Economics (November 2017 – present)
- History and social studies Teacher at the “Miguel Hernandez School # 2123” (September 2015 – October 2017)
- Leading specialist of the Scientific projects group, Russian State Archive of Literature and Arts (August – December 2012)
- Genealogist, research centre “Rare Element” (December 2012– March 2015)
- Genealogist, “International Centre of Genealogy” (November, 2011 – August 2012)
What defines a good university? Is it students’ achievements, cutting-edge research, or bright projects? The success of the university depends on many different things – that’s why international university rankings use complex methodologies and take many criteria into account. The administration is a thing often forgotten. They are often overlooked, despite being responsible for a lot of stuff. To correct this injustice, we are starting a series on the invisible heroes of the academe. Our first is Ekaterina Volzhenina, manager of the Centre of Deep Learning and Bayesian Methods, who is also teaching history at HSE University. She told us about the transformation of her work during the quarantine, how our ancestors fought the Pechenegs and tried to answer the main question: hard and soft science?