- Professor:Faculty of Social Sciences / School of Sociology / Analysis of Social Institutions Department
- Roman Abramov has been at HSE University since 2002.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences*
- 2007Associate Professor
Moscow Higher School of Social and Economic Sciences
Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Penza Civil Engineering Institute
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2010-2011)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Naumova «The Relationship between the Type of Player and the Construction of Effective Social Communication (on the Example of Games CS: GO and DOTA2)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
E. Gorelik «Building a Virtual Identity, Its Presentation in the Online Space on the Example of a Social Network VKontakte among Students». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
A. Sevostyanov «Job Satisfaction and Labor Mobility on the Public Catering Enterprises (on the Example of the Chain of Coffee Houses “Coffeeflat”)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
E. Arslanova «Professionalization of Fashion Industry in Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
N. Dorozhkina «Methodology for Evaluating the Motivation of Entry-level Specialists to Take Online-courses». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
E. Smagina «Professional Role of Science Communicators in Educational and Research Organizations in Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
G. Yabchanka «Systematic Model of Residential Satisfaction: Housing Type and Place Attachment». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
R. Azimov «Fitness Culture and Practices of Body Commodification: a Case of Moscow Fitness Club-visitors». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
V. Myasnikova «Formation of Urban Identity in the Process of Changing the Residence on the Example of the New Dwellers». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
A. Medvedeva «Factors Influencing the Choice of Organic Food in Modern Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
B. Korokhov «Practices of Political Socialization in Moscow Schools». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
K. Korshunova «Astronomers' Engagement with the Process of Astronomy Popularization in Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
E. Serzhan «Athlete's Body as His Own Professional Investment». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
A. Afanasyev «Forms of Employment of Rock Musicians in Moscow». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
Y. Voronina «The Limits of Normativity in Representation about Bodily Practices for Example Online-Communities «40kg» and «Body Positive»». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
K. Vernigor «Construction the Image of the Future in the Transhumanism Discourse». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
K. Kiselev «The Views of Employers on the Employment Prospects of Bachelors and Masters: a Sociological Analysis». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
K. Regush «Adaptation of Flight Attendants to Corporate Regulations in the Process of Professional Activity». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
N. Sorokina «The Peculiar Features of an Anti-utopian Representations of the Future in the Millenarian Communities (by an Example of "The Survivalists")». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
D. Antonov «Professional Project Management Consultants (for Example, Employees of International Companies)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
Mortkovich «Mutual-help Community as Total Institution (by the Example of Community of Alcogol Addicted)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
- Analysis of social institutions: ideology and morality (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Sociology of Professions (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 4 year, 2, 3 module)Rus
Sociology of Education (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; "Прикладные методы социологических исследований", "Экономическая социология", "Социальная теория и прикладное социальное знание"; 4 year, 2 module)Rus
- Sociology of Professions (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; spec. "Социальная теория и прикладное социальное знание"; 4 year, 2, 3 module)Rus
- Chapter Abramov R., Iarskaia-Smirnova E. R., Салтыков Д. И. Gendered Identities Among Medical Professionals in Post-Socialist Russian Cinema, in: Gendering Postsocialism: Old Legacies and New Hierarchies / Ed. by Y. Gradskova, I. A. Morell. Routledge, 2018. P. 231-244.
- Article Abramov R. New Trends in the Museumification of the Soviet Past in Russia (2008–2018) // Journal of Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society. 2018. No. 1. P. 183-212.
- Article Papushina I. O., Abramov R. The Celebration of Heritage in Soviet Fashion: The Case of the Perm Fashion House // ZoneModa Journal. 2018. Vol. 8. No. 1. P. 167-182. doi
- Article Abramov R. The Donbass as the space of socialist enthusiasm, memory and trauma: cinema and literature images // Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research. 2018. No. 1. P. 79-94. doi
- Article Abramov R., Gruzdev I., Terentev E. Academic Professionalism in the Era of Change: Role Subidentities and Transformation of Time Budgets / Пер. с рус. // Russian Education and Society. 2016. Vol. 58. No. 3. P. 163-180. doi
- Book Abramov R., Ярская Смирнова Е. Р. The Routledge Companion to the Professions and Professionalism. NY : Routledge, 2016.
- Article Gruzdev I., Abramov R., Terentev E. Under Pressure: Transformation of Academic Work and Discourse in a Globally-Oriented Russian University: Case of National Research University Higher School of Economics // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2016. No. 1(7). P. 18-19.
- Article Abramov R. Understanding Professionalism in the Soviet Union and Post-Soviet Russia: an Analytical Review // The American Sociologist. 2016. Vol. 47. No. 1. P. 81-101. doi
On January 18, several university staff members were awarded HSE medals and notes of acknowledgement from the Rector.
From November 5th – 12th a group of lecturers from Moscow and Saint Petersburg HSE campuses participated in an intensive continuing education course at the Central European University (Budapest).