Module-long (8 week) electives are offered every semester for advanced speakers and vary based on availability and interest. For more information on specific courses, please contact us.
- Conversational Practice (Разговорная практика) - This course focuses on the types of conversations that occur in natural situations, using roleplaying in small groups.
- Russian in Mass Media (Язык СМИ) – This course focuses on the specific features of mass media in Russia.
- Russian through Politics (Язык через политику) – This unique course introduces students to the linguistic complexities of political discourse, taking into account the different meanings, interpretations, and, of course, consequences of language.
- Advanced Russian Grammar and Composition through Literature and Film (Грамматика и письмо через литературу и кинематограф) – This course is intended for Russian heritage speakers and others with very strong conversational Russian who want to improve their writing.
- Selected Topics in Russian Literature (Русская литература: избранные темы). This course is intended for advanced speakers of Russian and consists of reading and analyzing selected Russian literary classics.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.