- Lecturer:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School
- Junior Research Fellow, Research Assistant, Postgraduate Student:Faculty of Computer Science / Laboratory of Methods for Big Data Analysis
- Maksim Karpov has been at HSE University since 2017.
Master's in Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Degree in International Relations
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
International Seminar «Distance-Based Education in The New Decade of XXI century» (November 27, 2020) Certificate;
Process Mining: Data Science in Action, Eindhoven University of Technology (Coursera, with honors) Certificate;
Data Culture Workshop on Mastering Teaching Skills (April 2019, Faculty of Computer Science, HSE University) Certificate;
Workshop «Modern machine learning and methods of teaching data analysis» (January 2018, HSE Study Center Voronovo, Moscow region) Certificate;
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2019)
3rd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: Detection and prediction of storage area network anomalies by analysing historical data
Academic Supervisor: Ustyuzhanin, Andrey
- Data Analysis in Python (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Data Analysis in Python (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Python for Data Science (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 2 year, 4 module)Rus
- Mathematical Methods for Data Analysis (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Project Seminar (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design; 3 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Basics of Programming in Python (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 2 year, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Data Analysis (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 1 year, 4 module)Rus
Project Workshop for Developers, Educational Center «Sirius» (1-14 February 2019)
Mentoring a group of students in the first project workshop from Yandex, HSE and Sirius. The theme of the project: «Segmentation of images of city scenes for controlling self-driving vehicles».
Summer Workshop «Island 10-21», the Far Eastern Federal University (11-13 July 2018)
Crowd-science for solving big data processing problems. Increasingly, in business and science, we are faced with tasks that require data science expertise to solve them. Is it necessary to develop our own expertise in this area? Is it possible to attract external experts? Can I use the expertise of the data science community through platforms such as kaggle, coda lab or Yandex contest? How to formulate a problem in terms of clear and adequate solutions on these platforms. We will tell you about the ways to prepare tasks, features of the platforms and will go from the idea to the publication of the contest on one of them.
- Article Arzymatov K., Сапронов А. А., Belavin V., Gremyachikh L., Karpov M., Ustyuzhanin A., Tchoub I., Ikoev A. SANgo: a storage infrastructure simulator with reinforcement learning support // PeerJ Computer Science. 2020. P. 1-16. doi
- Article Karpov M., Arzymatov K., Belavin V., Сапронов А. А., Ustyuzhanin A., Nevolin A. Hybrid approach to design of storage attached network simulation systems // International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 2018. Vol. 9. No. 11. P. 220-226.
- Article Belavin V., Ustyuzhanin A., Arzymatov K., Karpov M., Сапронов А. А. Tuning hybrid distributed storage system digital twins by reinforcement learning // Advances in Systems Science and Applications. 2018. Vol. 18. No. 4. P. 1-12. doi
On July 17-23 the Third Machine Learning summer school organized by Yandex School of Data Analysis, Laboratory of Methods for Big Data Analysis at the National Research University Higher School of Economics and Imperial College London was held in Reading, UK. 60 students, doctoral students and researchers from 18 countries and 47 universities took part in the event.