Reasons for expulsion
- On the student’s own initiative (within 10 days from the corresponding request)
- On the university’s initiative:
- for poor academic performance
- for failing the final state attestation
- for violation of the HSE Charter and Internal Regulations
- for breach of the agreement for paid educational services
International students on a study visa must visit the HSE Visa & Registration Unit within 3 days after receiving an expulsion notice in order to cancel their current visa and receive a transit visa which will allow the student to exit the country within 10 days after its issue.
Read the HSE internal bylaws for further reference:
- HSE Internal Regulations: Appendix 7 — Procedures for Applying Disciplinary measures for the Violation of Academic Standards for Student Papers at the National Research University Higher School of Economics; Appendix 9 — Procedures for Student Expulsion at the Initiative of the National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Regulations for Interim and Ongoing Assessment of HSE Students
- HSE Charter
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.