Moscow Museums Reopen on January 22
The Moscow Mayor has announced that museums and other cultural institutions in Moscow will reopen on Friday, January 22.
As coronavirus infection rates in Moscow have slowly started to decrease, city authorities have introduced the following policies which will take effect on January 22:
- Museums, libraries and other cultural institutions will reopen for the public; public cultural events are now allowed. The number of visitors should not exceed 50% of total venue capacity.
This means that most probably, most places will offer preliminary online booking, in order to maintain the appropriate capacity levels.
- The maximum number of visitors at theatres, cinemas, and concert halls can now reach 50% of the total venue capacity (the previous limit was 25%).
- The existing restrictions on the operation of restaurants, bars, and night clubs will remain the same, as well as the requirement to have at least 30% of staff members working from home.
- Restrictions will remain the same for residents aged over 65 and people with chronic illnesses – they are asked to stay home.
- Remote instruction at city and federal higher education institutions will be extended until February 6.
January 21, 2021