About the Programme
This programme is aimed at training leading technical experts, qualified software developers and architects, as well as quality assurance managers who oversee software and its development processes. Demand for such professionals comes from the information and communication industry, such as opening IT technology parks, rapid growth in offshore and outsourced programming, digitalization of public services, and the needs of private business. The software industry is a fast growing area in both the Russian and global economy today, and software forms an essential part of the information systems where their intelligence is concentrated.
The educational programme in Software Engineering fully complies with international recommendations on teaching software engineering in institutions of higher education, including Computing Curricula 2005, Computer Science 2001/2008/2013 and Software Engineering 2004. The programme covers all aspects of software production: mathematics, methods, economics, legal issues, marketing, as well as the best international experience and software production practices.
In 2011, the programme received the prestigious IBM Faculty Award.
What will I study?
- Mathematical analysis, algebra, discrete mathematics, probability theory and mathematical statistics, statistical and empirical computing methods;
- Programming, data algorithms and structures, distributed computing;
- Architecture of computation systems, operating systems and databases;
- Software construction, software system design; quality assurance and testing, requirement development and analysis, software project management;
- Psychology in IT, group dynamics and communication in professional software engineering practice, corporate and software engineering economics, intellectual law.
Each year, students choose a research seminar to participate in during the academic year:
- Resource-effective combined algorithms
- Methods and algorithms of data protection
- Data and knowledge management
- Modern computation architecture
- Fuzzy modelling
- Process-oriented information systems
- System programming
- Neural network technologies
Where will I work?
Graduates of the programme go on to become software developers and architects, and quality assurance managers. They work at:
- Leading Russian and international software manufacturers;
- Research centres of transnational companies;
- System integrators and IT departments of large Russian companies and public institutions.