Students are selected on the basis of their portfolio, which includes required and optional components.
Please note: you will need to apply to Skoltech separately!
Application Portfolio 2023
Admission Committee may invite the applicant for an interview.
Portfolio composition and requirements for applicants 2023-2024:
|Portfolio component||Obligatory / optional||Comments|
|1. Application form||Obligatory||see How to Apply |
|2. Diploma and academic transcripts*||Obligatory||Bachelor’s (Specialist’s or Master’s) diploma and official transcripts of previous education. If you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript.|
|3. English language proficiency certificate**||Obligatory||Please submit a copy of a certificate confirming your proficiency in English.|
Native English speakers and students who have obtained a previous degree in English do not need to submit proof of their English proficiency.
|4. CV||Obligatory||Please submit a standard CV, including your educational background, work and research experience, publications (if any), and professional achievements|
|5. Motivation letter||Obligatory||Please submit a letter of motivation, describing your reasons for applying in the context of your long-term career goals and background (no more than 1 page, A4). The quality of your English is also evaluated.|
|6. Recommendation letters||Obligatory||Please submit two letters of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic work and/or professional experience. Please provide your recommenders with HSE’s letter of recommendation guidelines|
|7. International professional certificate(s)||Optional||You may submit a copy of any international professional certificate (if any)|
|8. Scientific papers and publications||Optional||List of articles in scientific and professional journals, conferences, collections of student work, etc., indicating the author's name and the title of the publication|
|9. Diploma(s) of student competitions prizewinners||Optional||You may submit a copy of the diploma of the prizewinners of student competitions (if any)|
|10. Grants/Scholarships/Awards||Optional||You may submit an official letter confirming the awarding of a personal grant/scholarship by a state body, or a private company|
** Accepted certificates:
- CAE (Certificate of Advanced English);
- BEC Higher (Business English Certificate);
- IELTS 6.0 and higher;
- TOEFL IBT (Internet Based) 80 and higher (calculated from 0 to 120);
- TOEFL ITP, including those provided by the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, 450 and higher (calculated from 370 to 677)
- TOEFL PBT (Paper Based) 500 and higher (calculated from 310 to 677);
- TOEFL СBT (Computer Based) 232 and higher;
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) A / B / C;
- A certificate from the previous institution confirming the training was fully in English;
- Confirmation of the citizenship of the country where English is the official language;