The first and only Master's Programme in Clinical Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in Russia which introduces an innovative educational process with continuous practical workshops rather than more traditional lectures and seminars.
Mission of the Programme
Our mission is to сreate a professional school of Russian Psychoanalysis, bringing together representatives of various psychoanalytic approaches and training a new generation of psychoanalytic psychotherapists who think creatively and feel deeply.
The programme is unique due to its strong focus on students’ ability to use psychoanalytic tools, basic secrets of analytical thinking and feeling, understanding sensitive movements of the psychoanalytic process and the existence of the unconscious both in the inner world of man and in therapist – patient relationships.
Principles and Values of the Programme
- Openness: the union of the best representatives of different schools of psychoanalysis, a large-scale programme of seminars and master-classes with leading foreign experts, the newest techniques and practices of teaching.
- Integration: the synergy of different psychoanalytic approaches, integration of understanding and practice of the psychoanalytic process, creation of a unified professional field.
- Practical Orientation: the key element is students’ participation in an extensive practical programme ('Available Psychology' project and mandatory participation in regular supervision and intervision groups).
a) high level of professionalism of teachers: the programme brings together leading Russian teachers with foreign psychoanalytic degrees and well-known foreign psychoanalysts. Programme Director, Professor Andrey Rossohin, is one of the leading experts in the field of psychoanalysis, psychoanalytic psychotherapy and counseling.
b) the top level of the Programme — non less than 10 foreign analysts will participate in teaching. They are members of the International Psychoanalytic Association, Paris Psychoanalytic Society, British Psychoanalytical Society, etc. Most Russian teachers have French Psychoanalytic degrees and are members of the International Psychoanalytic Association and Paris Psychoanalytical Society.
c) the use of the most modern European training programmes (Paris Centre for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, etc.).
d) elite level of the programme: in its specialization, list of professors, teaching methods, number of services.
e) non-eclectic student training, strongly focused on the professional training for Psychoanalytic Counseling.
f) the use of public video consultations – for the first time ever in Russia. Students are sitting in the next room while watching real-time advisory work.
g) creation of first Russian database of case-studies of psychoanalytic consultations on the basis of video consultations.
h) formation of a new generation of psychoanalytically-oriented Russian consultants.
i) participants will have the opportunity to not only study with leading international analysts, but also to receive training in various Psychoanalytic Centers, particularly in Le centre de psychanalyse et de psychothérapie Evelyne et Jean Kestemberg (Paris).
Key Programme Courses
- History and Theory of Psychoanalysis;
- Technique and Practice of Psychoanalysis;
- Clinical Psychology (Pathopsychology) + Clinic Workshop;
- Psychoanalytic Psychopathology;
- Psychoanalytic Differential Diagnosis and Initial Interview;
- Psychiatry for Psychologists + Clinic Workshop;
- Theory and Practice Group-Analyze;
- Projective Techniques in Psychoanalytic Diagnosis;
- Modern Approaches for Psychoanalytic Theory;
- Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis;
- Read Classic and Contemporary Psychoanalytic Texts;
- Introduction to Psychoanalytic Counseling;
- Introduction to Psychoanalytic Psychosomatics;
- French Language (Elective Course).