Summer Neurolinguistics School 2018
The Neurolinguistics Laboratory at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) invites you to join us in Moscow, Russia, for our fifth annual Summer Neurolinguistics School on May 21-23, 2018.
This year, the topic is Brainwaves of Language: Neural Oscillations and Language Processing.
The school will be devoted to neuroscience methods based onthe electrical activity of the brain (electroencephalography, event-related potentials, magnetoencephalography, intracranial electroencephalography) and their use to study language processing. Our confirmed speakers include
- Roelien Bastiaanse (University of Groningen),
- Anna Chrabaszcz (University of Pittsburgh),
- Tommaso Fedele (University of Zurich),
- Matteo Feurra (National Research University Higher School of Economics),
- Nikolay Novitskiy (The Chinese University of Hong Kong).
- Vitória Piai (Donders Centre for Cognition and Radboud University Medical Centre),
- Tatiana Stroganova (Moscow State University of Psychology and Education),
- Olga Sysoeva (Moscow State University of Psychology and Education).
The school will also feature a poster session, welcoming submissions from all fields of neurolinguistics.
What to expect?
The purpose of the school is to serve both as an educational event for students entering the field and as an academic environment where researchers and clinicians can exchange ideas and discuss the latest achievements in the field.
The school program will include three days of invited talks and one poster session. The invited talks will introduce various electrophysiological methods (electroencephalography, event-related potentials, magnetoencephalography, intracranial electroencephalography) and discuss their applications to study speech and language in the healthy and clinical populations. The poster session invites submissions on a wide range of topics related to neurolinguistics and/or brain stimulation.
Who should be interested?
The program will be of interest to professionals and students in the fields of Neuroscience, Speech-Language Pathology, Linguistics, Psychology, Medicine, Biology, Cognitive Science, and related fields. The lectures will provide relevant content both for students who are just entering the field and for more advanced researchers and clinicians.
- Students of the National Research University Higher School of Economics: free
- Students of other universities: 500 RUB (appr. 8 euros)
- Non-student participants: 1 000 RUB (appr. 15 euros)
23 April 2018 (23:59 GMT) - poster abstract submission deadline.
1 May 2018 - notification of acceptance of abstracts.
5 May 2018 - registration deadline. To complete registration, participants must pay the registration fee if applicable.
21–23 May 2018 - meeting dates.
· The event venue is: Malyy Gnezdnikovskiy Pereulok, 4, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow
· The working language of the Summer School is English. No translation to Russian will be provided.
· To attend the school, participants need to register and pay the registration fee if applicable.
· Abstract submissions are encouraged but not required to participate in the school.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.