- Senior Research Fellow:HSE Campus in Perm / International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy
- Professor:HSE Campus in Perm / Faculty of Computer Science, Economics, and Social Sciences / School of Economics and Finance
- Mariya Molodchik has been at HSE University since 2001.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences* in Management
State National Research Polytechnical University of Perm
Thesis Title: Management of knowledge capability: methodology and practice
- 2006Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economics and National Economy Management
Thesis Title: Motivation von Fuehrungskraefte in dezentrale Organisation
Perm State Technical University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Research in Innovation Management (Postgraduate course’s programme; 2 year, 1 semester)Eng
Research in Innovation Management (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; field of study "38.04.02. Менеджмент", field of study "38.04.02. Менеджмент", field of study "38.04.01. Экономика"; 2 year, 3 module)Eng
- Research Seminar (Postgraduate course’s programme; 3 year, 2 semester)Rus
- Digital Economics (Minor; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 3, 4 module)Rus
- Managing intangibles (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 4 module)Eng
- Safe Living Basics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- Institutional Economics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (Perm); 1 year, 3 module)Rus
- Knowledge and Information Management (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 2 module)Eng
- Knowledge Management Strategy (Mago-Lego; 3, 4 module)Eng
- Managing intangibles (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Marketing:Analytics,Data,Insights (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Modern Issues of Applied Corporate Finances" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Safe Living Basics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economics, Management, and Business Informatics; 1 year, 1 module)Rus
- 2018International Conference on Applied Research in Economics (Пермь). Presentation: The Web Strategy of a Global Company: Visibility vs. Authority
- 20139th Workshop on Intangibles, Intellectual Capital and Extra-financial Information (Копенгаген). Presentation: In Quest of IC Model: discovering of six elements of intellectual capital
- Article Redkina A., Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M. Russian merger control: in favor of foreign companies? // International Journal of Emerging Markets. 2022. Vol. 17. No. 8. P. 1-25. doi (in press)
- Article Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Yachmeneva E. Multilevel analysis of knowledge sources for product innovation in Russian SMEs // Eurasian Business Review. 2021. Vol. 11. No. 2. P. 247-266. doi
- Article Molodchik M., Paklina S., Parshakov P. Peer Effects on Individual Performance in a Team Sport // Journal of Sports Economics. 2021. Vol. 22. No. 5. P. 571-586. doi
- Article Shakina E., Molodchik M., Parshakov P. Intangible-driven performance: Two decades searching for the Philosopher's Stone // Russian Management Journal. 2020. Vol. 18. No. 3. P. 433-456. doi
- Article Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Bykova A. The performance effect of intellectual capital in the Russian context // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2019. Vol. 20. No. 3. P. 335-354. doi
- Article Carlos Fernández Jardón, Mariia Molodchik, Sofiia Paklina. Strategic behaviour of Russian companies with regard to intangibles // Management Decision. 2018. Vol. 56. No. 11. P. 2373-2390. doi
- Article Shakina E., Barajas A., Molodchik M. Bridging the gap in competitiveness of Russian companies with intangible bricks // Measuring Business Excellence. 2017. Vol. 21. No. 1. P. 86-100. doi
- Article Shakina E., Molodchik M., Barajas A. Endogenous Value Creation: Managerial Decisions on Intangibles // Management Research Review. 2017. Vol. 40. No. 4. P. 410-428. doi
- Preprint Paklina S., Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M. Intangible-Intensive Strategies of Russian Companies / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2017. No. 57.
- Article Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M. Intellectual capital as enhancer of product novelty: an empirical study of Russian manufacturing SMEs // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2017. Vol. 18. No. 2. P. 419-436. doi
- Article Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Molodchik M. What types of intangible resources are important for emerging market firms when going international? // Journal for East European Management Studies. 2017. Vol. 22. No. 4. P. 579-595. doi
- Article Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. Intangible-driven performance: Company size matters // International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development. 2016. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 225-239. doi
- Article Крутова А. В., Молодчик А. В., Molodchik M. Leadership, learning and organisational culture as antecedents for innovative behaviour: the case of Russia // International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital. 2016. Vol. 13. No. 2/3. P. 202-215. doi
- Preprint Jardon C., Molodchik M. Endowment of Intangible Resources and Phases of Internationalization in Emerging Economies. The Case of Russia / NRU HSE. Series WP BRP "International Relations". 2015. No. WP BRP 22/IR/2015 .
- Chapter Shakina E., Molodchik M., Barajas A. Exploring value creation through intangibles: managers’ decisions vs investors’ expectations, in: XV Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4-х книгах / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 2. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2015. P. 279-288.
- Article Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M. Facilitating organizational learning in the Russian business context // Learning Organization. 2015. Vol. 22. No. 6. P. 306-316.
- Preprint Molodchik M., Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez C. M., Barajas A. The firm size effect on performance due to intangible resources / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series MAN "Management". 2015. No. WP BRP 35/MAN/2015.
- Article Shakina E., Molodchik M. Intangible-driven value creation: supporting and obstructing factors // Measuring Business Excellence. 2014. Vol. 18. No. 3. P. 87-100. doi
- Article Molodchik M., Shakina E., Barajas A. Metrics for the elements of intellectual capital in an economy driven by knowledge // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2014. Vol. 15. No. 2. P. 206-226. doi
- Preprint Shakina E., Molodchik M. Intangible-driven value creation: supporting and obstructing factors / National research university Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP 24/FE/2013 "HSE Working papers". 2013.
- Article Anna A. Bykova, Molodchik M. How to catch mutual effects in cluster: comparative study of transitional and developed economies // International Journal of Transitions and Innovation Systems. 2012. Vol. 2. No. 4
- Article Molodchik M., Shakina E., Anna A. Bykova. Intellectual Capital Transformation Evaluating Model // Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2012. Vol. 13. No. 4. P. 1-13. doi
- Article Shakina E., Molodchik M. Intellectual Capital Transformation into Companies Value: Supporting and Obstructing Factors // Journal of Knowledge Management. 2012 (in press)
- Chapter Molodchik M., Bykova A. Applying the VAIC Model to Russian Industrial Enterprises, in: Proceeding of the 3rd European Conference on Intellectual Capital / Отв. ред.: G. Turner, C. Minnone. Leeds : Academic Publishing International Limited, 2011. P. 268-277.
1990-1996 Karl-Franzens University, Austria, Mg. in Economics
1990-1996 Perm Technical University, Russia, Mg. in Economics
2001 - PhD in Economics, Karl-Franzens University, Graz, Austria. Dissertation "Motivation of top-managers in decentralized organization"
Wettbewerbsfaehigkeit von Unternehmen in der russischen Wirtschaft, Skriptum, Austria, UNI-Graz, 2004
Management: strategy, structure, personal, knowledge. Chapter "Knowledge management", 2005
Visiting professor, Karl-Franzens University, Graz, Austria, Winter Semester 2004
Sientific Project "Technological and management innovation in corporate sector", grant of Sientific Fund of HSE, 2007-2008
Research and teaching Project "Evaluation of Intellectual Capital", grant of Sientific Fund of HSE, 2011-2012
Research project "The changing role of companies' intangibles over the crisis", grant of Sientific Fund of NRU HSE, 2013
Research project "Intellectual capital of SMEs" in International Laboratory "Intangible-driven dynamics in economics and finance"
Elena Shakina presented a new study "Productivity effect of IT technologies: synthetic control analysis"
IDLab and School of Economics and Finance members presented their research at the 2nd International Conference on Econometrics and Business Analytics
Mariya Molodchik, Evgenia Shenkman, Iuliia Naidenova, and Dmitry Kirpishchikov took part in the 2nd International Conference on Econometrics and Business Analytics
Congratulations to Maria Anatolyevna Molodchik on the award received for her invaluable contribution to the development of global science!
Petr Parshakov presented the results of the study "Online and live tournaments: prize structure and performance"
Nadezhda Votintseva presented new results of the study "The quest for business model patterns", conducted jointly with IDLab employees Maria Molodchik, Petr Parshakov and Iuliia Naidenova
IDLab researchers took part in the IX scientific conference "Neighbours in Research"
Daria Semenova presented her Candidate of Science (PhD) thesis on Willingness to pay in the foodmarket: attributive VS neuroeconomic approaches. The thesis is supervised by Sofya Kulikova and Maria Molodchik
IDLab members took part in the AMEC conference
IDLab members, as well as students writing course papers under their supervision, took an active part in the VIII scientific conference "Neighbors in Research".
Mariia Molodchik presented the results of the study Culture of Innovation and Knowledge: the Mediating Role of Organizational Learning and Employee Initiative Behavior
The International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy of the HSE University announces an additional recruitment of interns
Russian professional community the KM-Alliance Association of Knowledge Management Specialists and Experts organized a series of events "KM-breakfast". IDLab memeber Maria Molodchik participated as an expert at KM-breakfast №255.
ID Lab members took part in organizing and conducting the section "Intellectual capital and performance" of the conference "Analytics for Management and Economics"
2020 iCare Participants Discuss the Economic Effects of the Pandemic, the Accessibility of Higher Education in Russia, and More
On September 21, the VIII International Conference on Applied Research in Economics (iCare) was held online, bringing together more than 100 researchers from 19 countries. Organizers, speakers, teachers, and students shared their impressions of the event and talked about the opportunities that the conference opens up for them.
ID Lab trainee researchers presented literature review on leapfrogging and digital divide
This week researchers of IDLab took part in two sports economics confrences: 1st NAASE virtual conference and joint 4th Eastern Conference on Football Economics & 6th Western Conference on Football and Finance
Each year, the International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy (IDLab) hire several students as research interns. It also provides the opportunity to complete the research practice through participation in research projects. We want to describe briefly what IDLab students are doing and inform about current opportunities for cooperation
On November 6, a joint research workshop of ID Lab and School of Economics and Finance was held. At the workshop Maria Molodchik presented the research "Intellectual resources and innovations of industrial companies: the role of the region and the industry"
From September 23 to 25, 2019, the International Conference on Applied Research in Economics (iCare) was held at HSE University-Perm. It brought together more than 50 researchers from around the world. Organizers, keynote speakers, and lecturers shared their impressions about the event and explained why iCare is a place where academic dreams can come true.
IDLab members took an active part in the 7th iCare conference, which has become traditial for the HSE campus in Perm
Rustam Sattorzoda arrived in Perm from Tajikistan and graduated from the Master's Programme in Finance in 2018. HSE News Service spoke with Rustam about what he has been up to since graduating.
The main objective of the workshop was to develop academic networks and stimulate exchange between young researchers. PhD students were provided 20 minutes for presentations and received detailed feedback from senior academics in the field. The best papers from the workshop will be published in academic journal ‘Journal of Corporate Finance Research’
Mariia Molodchik has successfully finished her internship at the University of Vigo under the supervision of Professor Carlos M. Fernandez-Jardon Fernandez.
Mariia Molodchik has presented the paper during the 3rd international conference "Management science in contemporary world"
Mariia Molodchik has presented the paper "The impact of intellectual resources on the competitiveness of Russian companies" during the 3rd international conference "Management science in contemporary world" (1-2 December, Moscow).
On Thursday, September 18, HSE’s Perm campus held a master class led by Monash University (Australia) Professor Graeme Hodge.