- Dean:Faculty of Chemistry
- Professor:Department of Chemistry
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Vitaly Kotov has been at HSE since 2018.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences*
- 1998Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Chemistry
Zhdanov Leningrad State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
- Article Kotov V.Yu, Buikin P. A., Rudenko A. Y., Baranchikov A. E., Ilyukhin A. B. 1D-Bromobismuthates of Dipyridinoalkane Derivatives / Пер. с рус. // Russian Journal of Coordination Chemistry/Koordinatsionnaya Khimiya. 2018. Vol. 44. No. 6. P. 373-379. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Ilyukhin A. B., Korlyukov A. A., Smol’yakov A. F., Kozyukhin S. A. Black hybrid iodobismuthate containing linear anionic chains // New Journal of Chemistry. 2018. Vol. 42. No. 8. P. 6354-6363. doi
- Article Kotov Vitalii Yu., Ilyukhin A. B., Baranchikov A. E., Ishmetova R. I., Rusinov G. L., Kozyukhin S. A. Synthesis, crystal structure and optical properties of 1, 1'-(1, n-alkanediyl) bis (3-methylimidazolium) halobismuthates // Journal of Molecular Structure. 2018. Vol. 1151. P. 186-190. doi
- Article Buikin P. A., Ilyukhin A. B., Baranchikov A. E., Yorov K. E., Vitalii Yu. Kotov. The relationship between the crystal structure and optical properties for isomeric aminopyridinium iodobismuthates // Mendeleev Communications. 2018. Vol. 28. No. 5. P. 490-492. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Ilyukhin A. B., Sadovnikov A. A., Birin K. P., Simonenko N. P., Nguyen H. T., Baranchikov A. E., Kozyukhin S. A. Bis (4-cyano-1-pyridino) pentane halobismuthates. Light-harvesting material with an optical band gap of 1.59 eV // Mendeleev Communications. 2017. Vol. 27. No. 3. P. 271-273. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Tolstykh M. V., Nelyubina Y. V. Effect of ion solvation in binary solvents on the stability of ion pairs // Mendeleev Communications. 2017. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 78-81. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Ilyukhin A. B., Simonenko N. P., Kozyukhin S. A. Synthesis, thermal stability, crystal structure and optical properties of 1, 1′-(1, n-alkanediyl) bis (4-methylpyridinium) bromobismuthates // Polyhedron. 2017. Vol. 137. P. 122-126. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Ilyukhin A. B., Birin K. P., Laurinavichyute V. K., Sadovnikov A. A., Dobrokhotova Z. V., Kozyukhin S. A. A hybrid halobismuthate light-harvesting material with an optical band gap of 1.70 eV // New Journal of Chemistry. 2016. Vol. 40. No. 12. P. 10041-10047. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Zhidkova M. N., Birin K. P., Laurinavichyute V. K., Pugolovkin L. V. Ionic interactions in the oligoviologens–K4Fe(CN)6 system // Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. 2016. Vol. 773. P. 43-52. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Zhidkova M. N., Aysina K. E., Ivanov V. K., Nelyubina Y. V., Ananyev I. V., Laurinavichyute V. K. Synthesis and electropolymerization of bis (4-cyano-1-pyridino) alkanes: effect of co-and counter-ions // Electrochimica Acta. 2016. Vol. 219. P. 673-681. doi
- Article Vitalii Yu. Kotov, Krotova A. A. Unusual stability of anionic associates in mixed solvents // Mendeleev Communications. 2016. Vol. 26. No. 2. P. 154-156. doi
1996-2002, 2015-2019 N.S. Kurnakov Institute of general and inorganic chemistry RAS:
Researcher, Leading researcher, Principal researcher
2002-2015 Moscow city university:
Professor, Head of the department, Dean, Director of the institute
1996-2018 D.I. Mendeleev University of chemical technology of Russia:
Associate professor, Professor
1991-1996 M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University:
On February 12 at the Russian Ministry of Education and Science, HSE and five institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) signed agreements to collaborate in the field of scientific education. The institutions have pledged to contribute to the development of new faculties of chemistry as well as biology and biotechnology at HSE.
New faculties, personnel development, internationalisation, and much more – these are all things on the agenda of the annual International Advisory Committee (IAC) meeting currently taking place in Moscow.
In 2019, HSE will begin enrolling students in undergraduate programmes at two new faculties: the Faculty of Chemistry, and the Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology. These faculties will work in partnership with leading RAS institutions where students will be carrying out research.