- Valery Matrosov has been at HSE University since 2017.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
I. Medvedskii «The Secular Models of Identity in the Interwar Egypt». Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs, 2019
- Arabic Language: Advanced Course (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 3 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Conflict and Cooperation in the East (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 4 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Constitutional Struggles in the Muslim World (Master’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 1 year, 4 module)Eng
- Language aspect (arabic language) (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 4 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Article Chuprygin A., Chuprygina L. A., Matrosov V. Key Social Institutions and Actors of the Libyan Conflict (Friend and Foe of the Libyan Political Milieu) // Russia in Global Affairs. 2019 (in press)
- Article Chuprygin A., Matrosov V. The Effect of Dernization: Political Stalemate in Libya // ISPI (Italian Institute for International Political Studies), Milano, Italy. 2018. P. 1-6.
- Article Chuprygin A.A., Kudelin A.A., Matrosov V.A. Practices of Islamic State (ISIS) in the Context of Islamic Eschatology // Вестник Российского университета дружбы народов. Серия: Всеобщая история (Российская Федерация). 2016. No. 3. P. 19-31.
- Article Chuprygin A., Matrosov V., Dr. Wells A. The ISIS Mindset and Ways to Undermine ISIS Propaganda // The Naval Review. 2016. Vol. 104. No. 2. P. 193-199.
‘Bashkir Kids Know How to Use a Bow and Arrow, Imams Keep Ancient Books, and Everybody Preserves the Cultural Traditions’
For 12 days, students and teachers of the HSE School of Asian Studies travelled across the Republic of Bashkortostan. The trip was organized as part of the Rediscover Russia project. HSE News Service spoke with participants of the trip about their immersion in Russian Islamic culture.