- Associate Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Theoretical Economics
- Senior Research Fellow:International Laboratory for Experimental and Behavioural Economics
- Programme Academic Supervisor:HSE/NES Programme in Economics
- Anton Suvorov has been at HSE University since 2009.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economics
Toulouse 1 University Capitole
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Mathematical Logic, Algebra and Number Theory
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Master's in Economics
New Economic School
Degree in Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
L. Zorin, Impact of the Multiplicity of Alternatives on the Effectiveness of Fundraising. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2021
V. Shakulova, Russian Stock Market: Behavioral Anomalies. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2021
A. Rodina, Towards a Better Life? Assessing Some Initial Effects of Russian Pension Reform. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
I. Khalzov, Subjects' behavior in Ultimatum Game with Earned Endowments. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
N. Tiunev, How Does Copyright Protection Technology Affect Sales and Piracy Rates in PC Games Industry?. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
I. Shugaylov, Determination of the Optimal Scheme of Remuneration on a Two-sided Platform on the Example of Remontnik.ru. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
R. Nazmeev, Wisdom of the Crowd Effect Study. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
I. Getiashvili, Digital Marketing Consulting as a Credence Good. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
E. Ivanov, Doing Bad to Look Good. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
M. Ivanova, The Phenomenon of Self-handicapping in Strategic Cooperation. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
A. Koryakov, Optimal Workgroup Design: a Team of Confederates or The Hierarchy of Power?. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
I. Arkhipova, Risk Attitudes and Self-Employment in Russia. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
M. Mozhevitin, Innovations in Taxi Industry: Model and Possible Regulation. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2016
V. Nelidov, Group Identity, Cooperation and Motivation Crowding-out. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2014
A. Khazhgerieva, The Efficiency of the Marketplace Strategies in Electronic Commerce Markets for Experience Goods. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2021
A. Koryakov, Who will Do the Dishes? Task Distribution in Teams. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
M. Ivanova, The Phenomenon of Self-handicapping in the Strategic Cooperation. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
V. Emel`yanov, Limited Liability Effects in Oligopolistic Competition. Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2014
Behavioral Economics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; field of study "38.04.01. Экономика", field of study "38.04.01. Экономика", field of study "38.04.01. Экономика", field of study "38.04.01. Экономика"; 1 year, 3 module)Eng
- Microeconomics-2 (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 1 year, 3 module)Eng
- Behavioral Economics (Postgraduate course’s programme; 2 year, 1 semester)Eng
- Microeconomics - 2 (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Research Project Seminar (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Economic Sciences; 1-3 module)Rus
- Book IV Российский экономический конгресс«РЭК-2020» (сборник материалов) / Сост.: А. В. Белянин, А. Д. Суворов. Т. XIX: Тематическая конференция «ПОВЕДЕНЧЕСКАЯ И ЭКСПЕРИМЕНТАЛЬНАЯ ЭКОНОМИКА» . Новая экономическая ассоциация, 2020.
- Article Suvorov A., Soraperra I., van de Ven J., Villeval M. C. Doing Bad to Look Good: Negative Consequences of Image Concerns on Prosocial Behavior // Revue Economique. 2019. Vol. 70. No. 6. P. 945-966. doi
- Article Stepanov S., Suvorov A. Agency Problem and Ownership Structure: Outside Blockholder As a Signal // Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. 2017. No. 133. P. 87-107. doi
- Preprint Stepanov S., Suvorov A. Agency problem and ownership structure: outside blockholder as a signal / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP9 "Исследования по экономике и финансам". 2015. No. 2.
- Article Bremzen A., Khokhlova E., Suvorov A., van de Ven J. Bad News: an Experimental Study on the Informational Effect of Rewards // The Review of Economics and Statistics. 2015. Vol. 97. No. 1. P. 57-70.
- Article Akhmedov A., Suvorov A. Discretionary Acquisition of Firm-Specific Human Capital under Non-Verifiable Performance // B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics. 2014. Vol. 14. No. 1. P. 1-34.
- Article Борисова Е. И., Полищук Л. И., Суворов А. Д. Соблюдать или нарушать: внутренние мотивы академической этики // Журнал Новой экономической ассоциации. 2014. № 2 (22). С. 41-72.
- Preprint Борисова Е. И., Полищук Л. И., Суворов А. Д. Академическая этика и мотивация студентов: история двух вузов / Высшая школа экономики. Серия WP10 "Научные доклады Института институциональных исследований". 2013. № 3.
- Article Suvorov A., Tsybuleva N. Advice by an Informed Intermediary: Can You Trust Your Broker // B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics. 2010. Vol. 10. No. 1
- Article Suvorov A., van de Ven J. Discretionary Rewards as a Feedback Mechanism // Games and Economic Behavior. 2009. Vol. 67. No. 2. P. 665-681.
Dr. Belyanin and Dr. Suvorov acted as organizers of the thematic conference of the congress on behavioral and experimental economics
The third issue of 2020 presents three interviews on tenure track stories and our commentary on a new format of the April conference.
Associate Professor Anton Suvorov talks to HSE Look about his research and teaching
The first admissions period for HSE’s doctoral programmes continues. The PhD programme in Economics is one of the programmes still accepting applications. Doctoral candidates of the programme have the opportunity to defend their dissertations before the specialized dissertation council and receive a PhD from HSE University.
We can hardly believe it, but the 2019 session of RSSIA has already come to an end! We received more than 100 applications, but only 24 of the strongest research proposals were accepted. Participants came from a wide range of countries: China, Belgium, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Philippines, and Russia.
HSE Professors Alexander Tarasov and Roman Zakharenko have received the Gaidar Award for Young Economists for their article on the connection between trade costs and defense spending. A special award also went to the paper ‘Bad News: An Experimental Study on the Informational Effects of Rewards,’ whose authors include HSE Associate Professor Anton Suvorov.