Vladimir N. Porus
- Tenured Professor
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Vladimir N. Porus has been at HSE since 2003.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences* in Philosophical Sciences
- 1997Associate Professor
Lomonosov Moscow State University
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Kulikov «Socioanalisis of Philosophy (by the Example of Alain Badiou)». Faculty of Humanities, 2018
A. Vinkelman «The "Mask" as an Epistemological Phenomen». Faculty of Humanities, 2017
G. Valiev «Philosophical Foundations of Rene Thom's Theory of Language». Faculty of Humanities, 2016
E. Sukhova «Methodological Problems of Self-Concept in the Works of V. P. Zinchenko». Faculty of Humanities, 2016
A. Begrambekov «Problems of Christian culture in the philosophy of Semen Frank». Faculty of Philosophy, 2014
A. Begrambekov «The Problem of the Reconstruction of G.W. Leibniz's Vews on the Question of Free Will». Faculty of Humanities, 2016
D. Shamis «Moral feeling as a subject of philosophical research». Faculty of Philosophy, 2014
- Ontology and Epistemology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Philosophy"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Ontology and Epistemology (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Philosophy"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Russian Thought in Quest of the Meaning of Life (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; programme "Philosophy"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
Editorial board membership
2017: Editor-in-chief, Философия. Журнал Высшей школы экономики.
2007: Member of the Editorial Board, Философские науки.
2004: Member of the Editorial Board, Эпистемология и философия науки (Epistemology and Philosophy of Science).
1999: Member of the Editorial Board, Вестник Российского философского общества.
- Article Porus V. N. What do the Marxist "Dialectics of Cognition" and Laratos's "Sophisticated Falsificationism" have in common? // Epistemology and Philosophy of Science. 2018. Vol. 55. No. 3. P. 35-40. doi
- Article Porus V. N. A Never-Ending Dispute over Morality (Leo Tolstoy and Lev Shestov) // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2017. Vol. 55. No. 5. P. 320-335. doi
- Article Porus V. N. Nikolai Berdyaev on the “Spirits of the Russian Revolution” // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2017. Vol. 55. No. 3-4. P. 210-226. doi
- Chapter Porus V. N. The Tragedy of Philosophy and the Philosophy of Tragedy (Sergey N. Bulgakov and Lev I. Shestov), in: Between Past Ortodoxies and the Future of Globalization. Contemporary Philosophical Problems Vol. 288: Contemporary Russian philosophy. Boston, Leiden : Brill, 2016. Ch. 13. P. 192-211.
- Preprint Porus V. N. The choice of interpretation as a problem of social epistemology / Basic Research Programme. Series HUM "Humanities". 2013. No. 19/HUM/2013.
The winners are 16 staff members in seven ‘golden’ categories and 21 students in the ‘Silver Nestling’ category. The winners of the ‘Golden Reference’, which is awarded to the most cited HSE scholar, have also been announced. The awards ceremony was held on November 27, on the HSE's birthday.
In the new issue of the journal "Forum of the Newest East European History and Culture", the second part of the materials of the conference "Russia a Hundred Years after the Revolution: Causes and Consequences" is published.
According to the decision of Sergey Sobyanin, Mayor of Moscow, four HSE staff members were awarded badges of distinction and titles of honor.
On May 22, 2017 within the framework of the seminar "West and East: Universalism of Culture" of the International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue there was a masterclass of prof. Tatyana Gennadievna Shchedrina.
International Scientific Conference "Russia a Hundred Years after the Revolution: Causes and Consequences"
On April 27-28, 2017 the International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue conducted its first scientific conference with participation of the following foreign partners: the Institute for the Study of Central and Eastern Europe, Eichstätt, the University of Granada and the Estonian Euroacademy.
On September 23-24, the School of Philosophy delegation visited one of the most famous universities in China and participated the conference dedicated to the discussion of current models in philosophical education