- Helena Knyazeva has been at HSE University since 2013.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2016Member of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences
- 2015Associate Professor
Doctor of Sciences* in Ontology and Epistemology
Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Thesis Title: Evolution of Scientific Knowledge: the Processes of Self-Organisation
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Ontology and Epistemology
Doctoral programme in Philosophy
Institute of Philosophy of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR
Lenin Moscow State Teacher Training Institute
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
Sergey Kham. John Searle’s Chinese Room Thought Experiment and the Modern Discussions Around it (2018)
S. Kham «John Searle's Chinese Room Thought Experiment and the Modern Discussions Around it». Faculty of Humanities, 2018
- History and Methodology of Science (Master’s programme; School of Foreign Languages; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Philosophy (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- 2015-2017 - research project of the Russian Foundation of Humanities 15-03-00860 "Methodology of Management of Network Structures in the Context of the Paradigm of Complexity", Head of Research.
- 2013-2015 - research project of the Russian Foundation of Basic Research 13-06-00813а "Evolutionary Thinking as a Foundation of Interdisciplinary Synthesis of Knowledge", Head of Research.
- 2011-2013 - international Russian-Byelorussian research project of the Russian Foundation of Humanities and Byelorussian Foundation of Basic Research 11-23-01005/Bel "Innovative Complexity: Methodological, Cognitive and Social Aspects", Head of Resarch from the Russian Side - Helena Knyazeva.
Editorial board membership
2017: Member of the Editorial Board (Editorial Board), Философия. Philosophy. Bulgarian journal of philosophical education (Philosophy. Bulgarian journal of philosophical education).
2017: Member of the Editorial Board, Философия науки и техники.
2015: Member of the Editorial Board (Comité Científico), Ludus complexus: Revista multiversitaria de complejidad.
2014: Member of the Editorial Council, PRAXEMA. Проблемы визуальной семиотики.
2013: Member of the Editorial Board (International Editorial Board Member), Systema: connecting matter, life, culture and technology.
2012: Deputy Editor-in-chief, Сложные системы.
- 20194th World Conference on Complex Systems (Ouarzazate). Presentation: The Systemic Methodology of Organization of Active Innovative Media
- 2018XXIV World Congress of Philosophy "Learning to be Human" (Пекин). Presentation: The Biological Roots of Meaning-Making in the Universe
- 3rd International Conference on Complexity, Future Information Systems and Risk, COMPLEXIS 2018 (Funchal, Madeira). Presentation: Management of Co-evolutionary Complexity: Some Methodological Considerations
- A Systemic Vision of the Crises: From Optimization to Change Strategy. 10th Congress of the European Union for Systemics (UES2018). (Брюссель ). Presentation: The Notion of Ecology of Action in the Context of Social Constructivism
Articles in journals14
- Article Knyazeva H. Active Innovative Media as Co-Evolutionary Landscapes // Systems Research and Behavioral Science. 2019. Vol. 36. No. 6. P. 845-850. doi
- Article Knyazeva H. Paradigm Shift in the Understanding of the Creative Abilities of Consciousness // Philosophy. Bulgarian journal of philosophical education. 2019. Vol. 28. No. 1. P. 14-22.
- Article Alyushin A., Knyazeva H. Realism Versus Constructivism in Their Competition for Dominance in Politics: The Case of Russia // Axiomathes. 2018. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 345-361. doi
- Article Gershenson C., Czermely P., Erdi P., Knyazeva H., Laszlo A. The Past, Present and Future of Cynernetics and Systems Research // Systema: connecting matter, life, culture and technology. 2013. Vol. 1. No. 3. P. 04-13.
- Article Knyazeva H. Nonlinearity of Time in the Complex World // Philosophy. 2012. Vol. 21. No. 3. P. 213-228.
- Article Knyazeva H. The Cognitive Architecture of Embodied Mind // International Journal of the Humanities. 2011. Vol. 8. No. 12. P. 1-10.
- Article Knyazeva H. Nonlinear Cobweb of Cognition // Foundations of Science. 2009. Vol. 14. No. 3. P. 167-179.
- Article Knyazeva H. Figures of Time in Evolution of Complex Systems // Journal for General Philosophy of Science. 2005. Vol. 36. No. 2. P. 289-304.
- Article Knyazeva H. The Complex Nonlinear Thinking: Edgar Morin’s Demand of a Reform of Thinking and the Contribution of Synergetics // World Futures: Journal of General Evolution. 2004. Vol. 60. No. 5/6. P. 389-405.
- Article Alyushin A., Knyazeva H. Mikrospalten der Zeit. Physik und Psychologie der Wahrnehmung innerhalb anderer Zeitparameter // Raum und Zeit. 2003. No. 126. P. 44-53.
- Article Knyazeva H. Self-Reflective Synergetics // Systems Research and Behavioral Science. 2003. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 53-64.
- Article Haken H., Knyazeva H. Arbitrariness in Nature: Synergetics and Evolutionary Laws of Prohibition // Journal for General Philosophy of Science. 2000. Vol. 31. No. 1. P. 57-73.
- Article Knyazeva H. Synergetics and the Images of Future // Futures. 1999. Vol. 31. No. 3/4. P. 281-290.
- Article Knyazeva H. The Synergetic Principles of Nonlinear Thinking // World Futures: Journal of General Evolution. 1999. Vol. 54. No. 2. P. 163-181.
Articles in books5
- Chapter Knyazeva H. Management of Co-evolutionary Complexity: Some Methodological Considerations, in: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Complexity, Future Information Systems and Risk (COMPLEXIS 2018). Funchal : SciTePress, 2018. P. 79-85.
- Chapter Knyazeva H. The Synergetics of Hermann Haken and the Boom of Its Popularity in Russia, in: Synergetik als Ordner. Die strukturierende Wirkung der interdisziplinären Ideen Hermann Hakens. Lengerich : Pabst Science Publishers, 2017. Ch. 20. P. 147-158.
- Chapter Knyazeva H. The Idea of Co-evolution: Towards a New Evolutionary Holism, in: Synergie. Kultur- und Wissensgeschichte einer Denkfigur. Paderborn : Wilhelm Fink Verlag, 2016. P. 317-328.
- Chapter Haken H., Knyazeva H. Synergetics of Human Creativity, in: Dynamics, Synergetics, Autonomous Agents. Nonlinear Systems Approaches to Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive Science. Singapore : World Scientific, 1999. P. 64-79.
Articles and abstracts in conference proceedings2
- Chapter Knyazeva H. The Systemic Methodology of Organization of Active Innovative Media, in: Proceedings of the 2019 4th World Conference on Complex Systems. April 22-25, 2019, Ouarzazate, Morocco. Ouarzazate - Morocco: IEEE, 2019. P. 23-24.
- Chapter Knyazeva H. The Notion of Ecology of Action in the Context of Social Constructivism, in: A Systemic Vision of the Crises: From Optimization to Change Strategy? 10th Congress of the European Union for Systemics (UES2018). Brux. : European Union for Systemics, 2018.
Speeches and interviews in the media
Interview with the journal "Foresight and STI Governance" (HSE) "Taking Advantages of Uncertainty and Randomness"
From 1985 to 2013 - research work at the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) with the staff position from Junior Research Associate to Head of Department of Evolutionary Epistemology.
From 2008 to 2013 - Head of Department of Evolutionary Epistemology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
In 1993 - tutor at the DePauw University (IN, USA).
- Scholarship Holder of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Germany (1996-1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015), researches at the Hermann Haken Center of Synergetics by the University of Stuttgart and at the Karl von Linde Academy by the University of Munich in the collaboration with Klaus Mainzer;
- Invited Scholar at the Center of Transdisciplinary Research (Sociology, Anthropology, History) /CETSAH/ led by Edgar Morin with the support of La Maison des Sciences de l'Homme in France (2000, 2002, 2005);
- Participant of the programs of academic exchange with the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2009), Academy of Sciences of Czech Republiс (2010), Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (2012);
- Grant Holder of Soros Foundation (1994-1995), INTAS (1995-1997).
Texts of Key Publications
Membership in the international organizations
- Russian Philosophical Society (since 1983);
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Komplexe Systeme und Nichtlineare Dynamik (since 1997);
- Association pour la Pensée Complexe, France (since 1997);
- Advisory Board of the Institute for a Global Sustainable Information Society;
- Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science (BCSSS, Аustria);
- Research Committee on Sociocybernetics (RC 51) in the frames of the International Sociological Association (since 1997);
- Scientific Council “Multiversidad Mundo Real Edgar Morin”, Mexico;
- Lifeboard Foundation. Selfguarding Humatity;
- Darwin Project Council (USA);
- Book series “Exploring Unity through Diversity” (published by the BCSSS), BCSSS
Links to texts of some publications
More than 500 published works, including 10 monographs. Some key works may be downloaded from sites:
More than 30 translations of the works of prominent Western scholars in the fields of the theory of complexity (synergetics), philosophy of mind, evolotionary epistemology and bioethics have been published.
Helena Knyazeva made a plenary lecture at the Fifth Balkan Scientific Conference “Science - Education - Art in the 21st Century”, which was organized by the Southwest University “Neofit-Rilski” in Blagoevrad (Bulgaria) in September 26-27, 2019.
Helena Knyazeva presented a paper “The Systemic Methodology of Organization of Active Innovative Media” at the World Conference on Complex Systems, which took place on April 22-25, 2019
Helena Knyazeva made the presentation of her research results at the 24th World Philosophical Congress in Beijing
Professor Helena Knyazeva participated in the section “Philosophy of Life Sciences”, where she made the presentation on the topic “The Biological Roots of Meaning-Making in the Universe".
Professor Helena Knyazeva gave a talk as an invited speaker at the "World Congress on Complex Thought. The Challenge of a Globalized World" (8 & 9 DEC. 2016 UNESCO — PARIS)
Professor Elena Knyazeva was elected as an Academician of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS)
In recognition of her outstanding achievements in the development of systems and cybernetic sciences and their practical applications Elena Knyazeva, a professor of the School of Philosophy (HSE), was elected as an Academician of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS).