- Over 400 partnerships with international universities and research organizations
- Over 390 student and faculty mobility agreements
- 230 international faculty members from 47 countries inc. over 100 international tenure track faculty, over 50 postdoctoral fellows in different faculties, research labs and centres in Moscow and at the HSE campuses in St. Petersburg and Perm
- 20 international summer schools
- 48 English-taught Bachelor and Master programmes
- Over 50 double degree programmes with 36 leading foreign universities
- Russian as a Foreign Language in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, and Perm
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) since its inception has been working in tight collaboration with international universities and research organizations, while also participating in international comparative studies. HSE University is moving to developing strategic partnerships with the goal to have strategic university alliances in each region across the globe. HSE University faculties and academic groups engage foreign partners to enhance the teaching, learning outcomes, and research profiles of the partners involved. HSE University supports student and academic mobility, internships, joint research, international conferences, seminars, and summer schools.
An international advisory committee was created to attract faculty, staff, and experts from the global labour market; promote the University’s achievements in the global community, and develop cooperation with the world’s leading educational and research centres. By attracting genuine talent, irrespective of the country of origin, we ensure the quality of our teaching and research. Every year, an increasing number of international students come to HSE University from more than 50 countries. English-taught degree programmes are an integral part of the HSE's high-quality curriculum: as of early 2020, we have Bachelor and Master's programmes taught in English.
On November 9, 2021, HSE University signed a memorandum of understanding with Wageningen University & Research, a major university in the Netherlands and one of the leading agricultural research institutes in the world. Participants of the signing ceremony included HSE University Rector Nikita Anisimov, President of the Wageningen University & Research Executive Board Professor Louise Fresco, and Dutch Ambassador to Russia Gilles Beschoor Plug.
mark the joint academic programs of the Faculty of Economic Sciences (Faculty of Economics in 2000) of the HSE University and the Humboldt University, Berlin (Germany)
On 14-16 October 2021, past, present and future beneficiaries celebrate the EU’s flagship programme - Erasmus+ - and share their experience at events and initiatives organised across the world.