- Over 400 partnerships with international universities and research organizations
- Over 390 student and faculty mobility agreements
- 230 international faculty members from 47 countries inc. over 100 international tenure track faculty, over 50 postdoctoral fellows in different faculties, research labs and centres in Moscow and at the HSE campuses in St. Petersburg and Perm
- 20 international summer schools
- 48 English-taught Bachelor and Master programmes
- Over 50 double degree programmes with 36 leading foreign universities
- Russian as a Foreign Language in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, and Perm
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) since its inception has been working in tight collaboration with international universities and research organizations, while also participating in international comparative studies. HSE University is moving to developing strategic partnerships with the goal to have strategic university alliances in each region across the globe. HSE University faculties and academic groups engage foreign partners to enhance the teaching, learning outcomes, and research profiles of the partners involved. HSE University supports student and academic mobility, internships, joint research, international conferences, seminars, and summer schools.
An international advisory committee was created to attract faculty, staff, and experts from the global labour market; promote the University’s achievements in the global community, and develop cooperation with the world’s leading educational and research centres. By attracting genuine talent, irrespective of the country of origin, we ensure the quality of our teaching and research. Every year, an increasing number of international students come to HSE University from more than 50 countries. English-taught degree programmes are an integral part of the HSE's high-quality curriculum: as of early 2020, we have Bachelor and Master's programmes taught in English.
HSE Summer University, which has moved its classes online this year due to the pandemic, began on July 15. The programme will run until August 20, with students taking courses of various duration.
This year, four graduates of the 'Economics' educational programme obtained their diplomas in frames of double degree programme track between HSE University - Saint Petersburg and Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), Barcelona. Both universities evaluated the student works as excellent. For UPF, three programme graduates were particularly meritorious.
This June, first-year undergraduate students of the HSE Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology took part in an online seminar at George Mason University (USA). The seminar was part of the Coronavirus Research Update summer course, taught by Professor Ancha Baranova.