- Over 400 partnerships with international universities and research organizations
- Over 390 student and faculty mobility agreements
- 230 international faculty members from 47 countries inc. over 100 international tenure track faculty, over 50 postdoctoral fellows in different faculties, research labs and centres in Moscow and at the HSE campuses in St. Petersburg and Perm
- 20 international summer schools
- 48 English-taught Bachelor and Master programmes
- Over 50 double degree programmes with 36 leading foreign universities
- Russian as a Foreign Language in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, and Perm
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) since its inception has been working in tight collaboration with international universities and research organizations, while also participating in international comparative studies. HSE University is moving to developing strategic partnerships with the goal to have strategic university alliances in each region across the globe. HSE University faculties and academic groups engage foreign partners to enhance the teaching, learning outcomes, and research profiles of the partners involved. HSE University supports student and academic mobility, internships, joint research, international conferences, seminars, and summer schools.
An international advisory committee was created to attract faculty, staff, and experts from the global labour market; promote the University’s achievements in the global community, and develop cooperation with the world’s leading educational and research centres. By attracting genuine talent, irrespective of the country of origin, we ensure the quality of our teaching and research. Every year, an increasing number of international students come to HSE University from more than 50 countries. English-taught degree programmes are an integral part of the HSE's high-quality curriculum: as of early 2020, we have Bachelor and Master's programmes taught in English.
Four students of the HSE University and University of London Double Degree Programme in Data Science and Business Analytics received the highest scores on London exams at the end of 2019/2020 academic year. Yunying Pei, Vasily Kireenko, Vladimir Zobov, and Ilya Zisman performed brilliantly in the statistics, business, and management tests.
The University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), represented by the School of Economics and Business, expanded the partner network with the HSE Graduate School of Business.
HSE University postdocs share their thoughts on transitioning from PhD studies, as well as individual and collaborative projects they are currently engaged in. The participants include Adam Gemar and Daria Khlevnyuk (PhDs in Sociology), Nikita Lychakov (PhD in Finance), and Amanda Zadorian (PhD in Politics). We also talked to Ekaterina Paustyan, a postdoc at the University of Bremen and an excellent example of the connecting power of HSE University’s research centres.