25 November | Open Day | offline and online | https://gsb.hse.ru/dodba/ | recording available at https://youtu.be/HYVXxafp8zQ
14 December | Bachelor programme days | online | recording available at https://youtu.be/vPKfm74LHfo
April 14-15 | Undergraduate Spring Schools
19 May | webinar with academic advisor
The programme aims to train young leaders capable of making responsible decisions in a rapidly changing digital business environment, managing functional units and projects within the structure of modern companies, and creating and developing entrepreneurial projects.
We develop business and management competencies and skills necessary for a successful career in multinational corporations or for starting your own company, including applied business decision-making skills, systems and critical thinking, effective communication and teamwork skills, cross-cultural competencies, as well as responsible leadership. The list of critical abilities of the graduates of the Business Administration programme includes:
- the ability to apply motivation and leadership theories to solve managerial problems;
- the ability for responsible decision-making, taking into account corporate and societal values and principles of sustainable development;
- the ability to efficiently work in teams;
- the ability to perform effective professional communications via various media;
- the ability to effectively perform in a multicultural environment;
- creative mindset and ability to identify managerial problems and risks, formulate objectives, and select approaches to problem-solving and risk-mitigation;
- the ability to develop strategies and practical business solutions using knowledge in major management and marketing areas and global awareness;
- the ability to work with information: finding, evaluating and using information from various sources to solve academic and professional problems;
- the ability to choose research methods and work with information in a managerial or academic context, analyse research results and develop data driven innovative solutions to managerial problems.
Our students have the opportunity to develop in one of 3 professional trajectories.
- Financial Management
- International Business
The graduates of the programme work as mid-level specialists and managers in the different functional units of Russian and international companies:
- in the financial departments of companies (financial manager, budgeting manager, manager of management accounting, risk management manager);
- in the strategic management services (manager of strategic development department);
- in the project offices (project office manager);
- in the international operations departments (international project manager, analyst in an international company);
- in the client support services, interaction with partners, as well as in marketing, PR and media services (marketing manager, brand manager, analyst);
- in the line departments of the company (production manager);
- in the service of personnel development (HR manager, HR analyst, HR consultant);
- in consulting companies (consultant, HR consultant, recruiter);
Our graduates also create new entrepreneurial projects and manage their own businesses.
In December 2021, the Business Administration programme received international accreditation from EFMD Accredited. The system of accreditation of educational programs in the field of management, business schools and corporate universities by EFMD quality standards is considered to be one of the most prestigious in the modern world. This high recognition by EFMD of the international quality level of education in the program is a convincing confirmation of HSE leadership in the development of specialized undergraduate programs.
Studying at Business Administration programme, you will get a set of unique advantages associated with studying exactly at HSE University, taking into account the educational model of the Higher School of Business, as well as the unique learning opportunities in the program itself.
Independent choice of professional development trajectory.
In Year 3, students of the programme can study classes that match their individual professional interest by choosing one of three specialisations, including:
- Financial Management;
- International Business.
Each specialisation provides a different career trajectory.
Gaining project work experience
Students in the programme can gain applied experience in project work, implemented in the format of coursework projects (which occupies one fifth of the entire curriculum), through mandatory coursework projects on employer business cases (including SWOT analysis, business plan, consultancy project, etc.).
According to the survey conducted by the Internal Monitoring Centre of the National Research University Higher School of Economics, the Business Management programme has the highest number of current and potential entrepreneurs among all the undergraduate programmes.
Data Culture: becoming a data expert
The opportunity to become proficient or even expert at using Data Science methods and tools to solve problems at the intersection of subject areas and advanced computer technology.
Disciplines in English and international mobility
Around 40% of the disciplines offered in the programme are delivered in English. In addition all subjects, as well as the writing and defence of the Bachelor's thesis for International Business, are taught in English. Students can strengthen their English language skills through popular international mobility programs at foreign partner universities.
Highly successful students of the programme, who study both on a commercial basis and on-site at the expense of budgetary allocations, have an opportunity to apply for a scholarship of Otkritie Bank following an open competition. In addition, participants of international mobility programmes can also apply for GSB scholarship support.
Learning proven by practice
The program academic council includes experts and heads of leading Russian companies (Rosgosstrakh Insurance Company, Otkritie Bank, Reksoft Consult, etc.). Members of the academic council take part in developing and approving the programme's curricula and programmes for academic disciplines, validating the graduate's profile against market expectations, creating additional opportunities for internships and work placements for programme students, involving business representatives in teaching on the programme, and much more.
The advantages of studying with teachers working in the three professional tracks
The Business Administration programme employs over 150 HSE faculty. Due to HSE's innovative career model, the programme employs not only research professors, but also teachers from the education and methodology track, who create high-quality and relevant online courses, business games, educational cases, and, most importantly, teachers who come from business, practitioner teachers.
First-hand knowledge of the industry
Managers from leading Russian and global companies enrich the students' learning process on the programme through their knowledge and skills in cutting-edge concepts and best management practices. For example, as early as their first year at the career guidance seminar, students listen to master classes from top managers of such major companies as VK, VTB, Gazpromneft, etc. This is especially valuable in the case of core disciplines, for example, programme students can master the discipline of Risk Management from representatives of Otkritie Bank's Risk Department, while seminars and defence projects on management consulting are attended by experienced consultants from major Russian and international companies, etc.