The programme’s objective is to equip students with the skills, competencies and responsible mindset needed for a successful career in various functional areas of multinational companies in Russia and abroad, to start an entrepreneurial career, or to continue the education in Russian and international master programmes.
- To provide students with practical experience through project activities implemented in direct interaction with business, through the solution of real management and marketing problems in each year of study
- To provide students with an international outlook through internationalization opportunities, overseas mobility, international projects, and disciplines taught by visiting professors with international background
The programme prepares young leaders capable of making responsible decisions in a rapidly changing international digital environment, managing the functional units of modern companies and creating entrepreneurial projects. Graduates of the Marketing and Market Analytics programme are able to solve marketing problems related to product development and launch (including innovative products) and the formulation of product development strategies in the age of globalization. They also possess knowledge and practical experience of marketing research, can independently organize the implementation of research projects, and can prepare analytical materials for making management decisions in the field of strategic and operational marketing.
Our graduates can work as
- managers and specialists of marketing departments,
- digital marketing experts,
- brand managers,
- market analysts,
- key account managers,
- managers of sales departments.
We develop competencies and skills necessary for a successful career in multinational corporations or for starting your own company, including applied business decision-making skills, systems and critical thinking, effective communication and teamwork skills, cross-cultural competencies, as well as responsible leadership. The list of critical abilities of the graduates of the programme includes:
- the ability to apply motivation and leadership theories to solve managerial problems;
- the ability for responsible decision-making, taking into account corporate and societal values and principles of sustainable development;
- the ability to efficiently work in teams;
- the ability to perform effective professional communications via various media;
- the ability to effectively perform in a multicultural environment;
- creative mindset and ability to identify managerial problems and risks, formulate objectives, and select approaches to problem-solving and risk-mitigation;
- the ability to develop strategies and practical business solutions using knowledge in major management and marketing areas and global awareness;
- the ability to work with information: finding, evaluating and using information from various sources to solve academic and professional problems;
- the ability to choose research methods and work with information in a managerial or academic context, analyse research results and develop data driven innovative solutions to managerial problems.
The programme involves the study of specialized marketing disciplines with a focus on marketing analytics and digital marketing. Modern marketing is inextricably linked with data analysis. The programme in Marketing and Market Analytics teaches data-driven marketing. The programme dedicates special attention to developing students' analytical skills in marketing decision-making, studying market research and managing corporate marketing strategies.
The practical component of the programme includes:
- the involvement of representatives from leading companies in marketing research and consulting
- lectures and master classes by marketing practitioners from leading companies
- a case method approach and the analysis of the specific experiences of Russian and foreign firms
- annual term papers by senior students in the form of specific market research into a specific market or a development marketing plan for a company.
Potential employers include
- leading companies in the market research and marketing consulting sector (Nielsen, TNS, GFK, BCG and other);
- leading Russian and foreign companies (P&G, Unilever, L'Oreal, Beiersdorf, Bonduelle, Mars, Yandex and other);
- banks and investment companies (Sberbank, Alfa-Bank, Citibank, Gazprombank and other);
- industrial companies (LUKOIL, Gazprom, Rosneft and other).
Major – Management (examples of courses):
Major – Marketing (examples of courses):
The programme involves active project and research work, including applied projects, academic internships, the development and implementation of research projects, and more. During the ‘Consulting Project’ project seminar, undergraduates in groups of 5–6 solve a real task set by a client company by conducting the necessary research and analytical work to achieve their goal.
At the end of the second year, students take an independent exam in English according to international standards. In the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, students are able to take courses taught in English and study at foreign partner universities (through academic mobility programmes).
Candidates can apply to the bachelor's programme in Marketing and Market Analytics in Moscow based on the results of the Unified State Exam (USE), academic competitions or internal entrance exams in accordance with the HSE Admission Rules in 2021.
The entry requirements for the programme are:
USE results in
- Maths (minimum of 60 out of 100)
- Russian language (minimum of 60 out of 100)
- a foreign language (minimum of 65 out of 100)
The number of state-funded places in 2021 is 25 (with 3 out of 25 reserved for persons with special rights)
The number of tuition-based places is 100.
The number of tuition-based places for foreign nationals is 25