Recording of the online broadcast from the Open Day
is designed to train specialists in two areas:
- Data Scientist - a machine learning specialist who is proficient in modern approaches and methods, capable of solving business-critical tasks both in traditional terms (demand forecasting, churn prediction, text data analysis, segmentation, etc.) and in more modern terms (building question-and-answer systems, analyzing images, generating realistic examples, etc.);
- Machine Learning Engineer - a specialist at the intersection of data science and development who understands and professionally uses modern technologies for collecting, storing and analyzing large data sets, is able to write efficient code and design complex systems related to machine learning-based services.
The program is designed for those who want to understand Data Science, gain practical experience in solving a large number of real-world problems and are interested in starting a career in this area.
- Fully online: you can study from anywhere in the world on a schedule that suits you.
- As close to a face-to-face program as possible: instructors are available for chat (Telegram) and video conferencing (Zoom), there are regular webinars, discussions and interaction with fellow students, and there are plenty of manually reviewed assignments.
- A lot of practice: almost all courses end with a project; the program also includes three large project courses where a complex real-life business problem from partner companies is solved step-by-step.
- The opportunity to have a trial interview in the partner companies of the Master's program, provided to the best students.
- The program is built taking into account the requests and expertise of leading IT-companies in Russia.
- The program can be successfully completed by people without a serious background in mathematics and/or programming if they invest enough time.
Professional Activities and Competencies of Programme Graduates
Graduates can start or continue their career in the fields like data science, machine learning, analytics and apply for Junior Data Scientist or Junior Machine Learning Engineer positions. Besides, graduates can continue their academic career as PhD students and do research in the field of data science.
Options for Students with Disabilities
This degree programme of HSE University is adapted for students with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities. Special assistive technology and teaching aids are used for collective and individual learning of students with SEN and disabilities. The specific adaptive features of the programme are listed in each subject's full syllabus and are available to students through the online Learning Management System.