Completely Online Degree Programme
1 410 000 RUB; approximately
What is Master’s programme «Master of Data science»?
Machine learning and data analysis is the extremely popular area today. The data volume is increasing both in companies and in science, and it can be used to extract economic benefits, and gain new knowledge and results. This requires data modelling specialists.
The aim of the Master of Data Science program is to train specialists in three areas:
The program is designed for those who want to understand data science, gains practical experience in solving many real problems, and are interested in building a career in this field.
For the 2023 cohort
705 000 RUB for the entire period of study
The cost of the tuition is divided into parts (semesterly).
Advantages of our Master's programme
- Offered fully online - you can study from anywhere in the world according to your schedule;
- High level of support - instructors are available on Slack and Webinar web service. Live sessions are hosted regularly, students can always discuss their questions and ideas with each other, and there are many assignments checked by instructors manually;
- Lots of practical assignments — almost every course ends up with the final project. In addition, the programme includes 3 big projects which allow students to work on real business tasks provided by the partners of the programme;
- Opportunity to be interviewed by industry partners of the programme for the best students;
- The programme is organised according to the demands and expertise of the leading IT companies presented in Russia;
- Students without previous math and/or programming experience can complete the programme successfully with sufficient time investment.
During the learning process
From the first semester, students learn programming (Python, SQL), algorithms and data structures, and mathematics for data analysis. The programming and math blocks end up with the project on collecting and processing big data.
In the middle of the second semester, students choose a Track and then study courses according to the chosen direction.
Apart from standard courses which combine theory and practice, there are also 2 project courses: Machine Learning and Final Project (Master’s Thesis which can be devoted to practical or research problems).
To complete the programme successfully, students must earn 120 ECTS credits.
The learning process is offered fully online and is monitored by standard tools for online education: daily communication on forums and during the webinars, exams with proctoring, projects and thesis defense via Webinar.
After the graduation
Graduates will be prepared to enter working in fields like data analysis and machine learning and apply for the positions of Junior Data Scientist or Junior Machine Learning Engineer. Also, graduates will be able to start an academic career and do research in the field of data science in graduate school.
Other Master’s Programmes