About the Programme
The programme aims to train professionals who are capable of understanding, analyzing and applying the tools of contemporary trade policy in the global economic environment.
What will I study?
- International regulation of trade in products and services
- Trade policies of certain WTO member countries
- Trade negotiation and resolution of international trade conflicts
- National, regional and multilateral regulation of foreign economic relations
- Formal and informal institutions of global governance
- Prospective issues of international regulation
- Trade policy and promotion of business interests
- Legal and economic terms and conditions of companies’ operations on international markets
What are the advantages of the programme?
Unique teaching team
The programme employs a unique team of professionals in international trade, trade policy, and global economic regulation. Lecturers include leading experts and professionals from Russia (HSE, Ministry of Economic Development, WTO Expertise Centre, Vnesheconombank), professors and experts from universities and research centres in Germany, Switzerland, and Spain, as well as experts from international organizations, such as WTO and UNCTAD.
Opportunity to choose an educational track
The programme provides students with an opportunity to choose one of its educationaltracks:
1. Studying theoretical and applied issues in economic regulators’ and agents’ operations, with a short-term topical internship at a foreign partner organization.
2. Studying theoretical and applied aspects of national and multilateral regulation of foreign economic activities, with a long-term internship at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy (Germany), in the Advanced Studies Program in International Economic Policy Research during the second year of the Master’s programme.
The HSE Institute of Trade Policy is constantly expanding its international links. Students have the opportunity to apply for internships in partner organizations, such as the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, the World Trade Institute in Bern, the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, UNCTAD Virtual Institute, and the Centre for Trade and Economic Integration in Geneva.
Focus on practical dimension
The programme offers its students a balanced combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Students have meetings and internships at government agencies, international organizations, major Russian and international companies and business associations. Students participate in a research seminar where they prepare projects that help them gain the competencies required for their future careers.