- Professor:Faculty of Mathematics / Joint department with the Steklov Institute of Mathematics (RAS)
- Maxim Kazaryan has been at HSE since 2008.
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences*
Ordzhonikidze Moscow Aviation Institute
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Topology, geometry, singularity theory, characteristic classes, moduli spaces:
Application of the methods in singularity theory to enumerative problems of complex geometry and to the study of the stratification of moduli spaces of curves and meromorphic functions
Student Term / Thesis Papers
G. Gangopadhyay «Geometry of Umbilics on Surfaces in the Three-space». Faculty of Mathematics, 2018
- Mathematical Computations (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Joint Bachelor's Programme with the Centre for Teaching Excellence"; 2 year, 4 module)Eng
- Mathematical Computations (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Mathematics; programme "Mathematics"; 2 year, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "An Introduction to Symplectic and Contact geometry" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Combinatorics of Vassiliev Invariants 1" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Combinatorics of Vassiliev Invariants 2" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Permutations, Coverings, Integrability" (Faculty of Mathematics; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- 20165th Workshop on Combinatorics of Moduli Spaces, Hurwitz numbers, and cohomological field theories (Москва). Presentation: Universal cohomological expressions for strata in genus zero Hurwitz spaces
- 2014The Legacy of Vladimir Arnold (Торонто). Presentation: On Salmon's enumeration of tangential singularities
- 4th Workshop on Combinatorics of Moduli Spaces, Cluster Algebras, and Topological Recursion (Москва (Moscow)). Presentation: Enumeration of Grotendieck's dessins 2: Topological recursion
Integrable Systems an Moduli Spaces (
- Book Казарян М. Э., Ландо С. К., Прасолов В. В. Алгебраические кривые. По направлению к пространствам модулей. М. : МЦНМО, 2019.
- Article Kazaryan M., Zvonkine D., Lando S. Universal Cohomological Expressions for Singularities in Families of Genus 0 Stable Maps // International Mathematical Research Notices. 2018. No. 22. P. 6817-6843. doi
- Article Dunin-Barkowski Petr, Kazarian Maxim, Orantin N., Shadrin S., Spitz L. Polynomiality of Hurwitz numbers, Bouchard-Mariño conjecture, and a new proof of the ELSV formula // Advances in Mathematics. 2015. Vol. 279. P. 67-103. doi
- Article Kazaryan M., Zograf P. Virasoro constraints and topological recursion for Grothendieck's dessin counting // Letters in Mathematical Physics. 2015. Vol. 105. No. 8. P. 1057-1084. doi
- Article Kazaryan M., Lando S. Topological Relations on Witten–Kontsevich and Hodge Potentials // Moscow Mathematical Journal. 2012. Vol. 12. No. 2. P. 397-411.
- Chapter Ландо С. К., Казарян М. Э. Приложение: Алгебро-геометрическое доказательство гипотезы Виттена // В кн.: Графы на поверхностях и их приложения. М. : МЦНМО, 2010.
- Article Kazaryan M. KP hierarchy for Hodge integrals // Advances in Mathematics. 2009. No. 221 (1). P. 1-21.
- Article Kazaryan M., Shapiro B. Giambelli formula for subbundles in the tangent bundle // Pacific Journal of Mathematics. 2007. No. 1(230). P. 233-255.
- Book Казарян М. Э. Introduction to Homology Theory Т. 3. М. : МИАН, 2006.
After Turning Down Offers in New York and Berlin, Chinese Student Pursues Mathematics Training at HSE
For DaoDao Yang, a native of Dali, China, choosing a programme in mathematics came down to the decision of where he felt most challenged and most comfortable. This ultimately meant turning down offers at New York University and the Berlin Mathematical School to accept an offer from the Master’s programme at the Higher School of Economics. In an extensive interview with the HSE news service, Dao Dao recently spoke about what led him to choose HSE for his postgraduate study; his impressions of the programme, its professors and his fellow students; and his future plans.