Mikhail Grigorievich Mironyuk
- First Deputy Dean:Faculty of Social Sciences
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Social Sciences / School of Political Science
- Mikhail Grigorievich Mironyuk has been at HSE since 2009.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2010Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University)
Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University)
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "Future Professoriate" (2012-2013)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
I. Gorelskii «Relationship Between State Capacity and Achieved Status in the System of International Relations». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
G. Starshii «Neopatrimonial Practices of Public Authorities in a Region of the Russian Federation by the Example of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
K. Toloknev «Survivability of Norms in International Systems with Varying Polarities». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
M. Solovev «External and Internal Factors of Strategic Consensus Formation in Srategic Planning Processes in the USA, 1991-2017». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
A. Maloroev «Preconditions for Successful Military Coups by the Example of the Turkish Republic, 1960-2016». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
A. Boriskova «Higher Education as an Instrument of "Soft Power": Opportunities and Limitations for Russia». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
S. Vinogradova «National Security Strategies of Small States in Eurasia after the Cold War». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
E. Starostina «Political Strategies of Overcoming the Effects of the 2008-2009 Financial and Economic Crisis by the Example of Post-Soviet States». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
V. Shary'gina «Chilean Specificity in the Context of Breakdowns of Authoritarian Regimes and Transitions to Democracy in Latin America in the Late 20th Century». Faculty of Politics, 2014
L. Faizova «The Media Coverage of Terrorist Acts in Democratic Countries – between the Freedom of Press and National Security». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
A. Samorodova «Factors of Political Regimes’ Stability in Conditions of Natural and Technogenic Disasters». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
V. Gladkikh «Nuclear Factor as a Part of the Development of “Nuclear Club’s” National Security after the Cold War». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
- Comparative Politics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Public Administration"; 1 year, 4 module)Rus
- Introduction to Comparative Politics (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Political Science"; 2 year, 1 module)Rus
- World Politics and International Relations (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Political Science"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
«”Устаревает ли военная сила?”: военная сила и мощь в современной мировой политике» на XIX Апрельской международной научной конференции (НИУ ВШЭ, 13 апреля 2018 г.) (в соавторстве)
«The Dynamics of Military Power, 2005-2015: Problems of Sustainability and Credibility» (в соавторстве) // International Workshop «State Capacity, Power and Influence in World Politics: Concepts and Measurements», School of Political Science, Faculty of Social Sciences, HSE, Moscow, June 18-19 2018
«Survivability of Norms in International Systems with Varying Polarities: Findings from Agent-Based Modelling and What to Make of Them?» // Joint Bavarian-Russian Conference on Interdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Bayreuth and Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe (BAYHOST), University of Bayreuth (Germany), 7-8 June 2018
Gerda Henkel Forum «Trust and Emotions in the Relations between Russia and the West» — King’s College London, 3-4 July, 2018
- Article Melville A. Y., Mironyuk M. G. “Bad Enough Governance”: State Capacity and Quality of Institutions in Post-Soviet Autocracies // Post-Soviet Affairs. 2016. Vol. 32. No. 2. P. 132-151. doi
- Article Melville A. Y., Stukal D., Mironyuk M. G. “King of the Mountain”, or Why Postcommunist Autocracies Have Bad Institutions // Russian Politics and Law. 2014. Vol. 52. No. 2. P. 7-29. doi
- Article Melville A. Y., Stukal D., Mironyuk M. G. Trajectories of Regime Transformation and Types of Stateness in Post-communist Countries // Perspectives on European Politics and Society. 2013. Vol. 14. No. 4. P. 431-459. doi
- Preprint Melville A. Y., Mironyuk M. G., Stukal D. Trajectories of Regime Transformation and Types of Stateness in Post-Communist Countries / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PS "Political Science". 2012. No. 02.
- Book Melville A. Y., Полунин Ю. А., Ilyin M., Mironyuk M. G., Timofeev I. N., Meleshkina E. Y., Ваславский Я. И. Political Atlas of the Modern World : An Experiment in Multidimensional Statistical Analysis of the Political Systems of Modern States. Malden : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
On December 26, 1991, the Soviet Union was dissolved and the Russian flag was raised over Kremlin. Taylor & Francis Group gathered a large collection of studies on Soviet and post-Soviet periods containing 150 research articles to celebrate the 25th anniversary of this event. Articles by staff from the School of Political Science were also included in the collection ‘The Dissolution of the Soviet Union: 25 Years On’. All the publications will be available free of charge until the end of June 2017.
On 9th October the name of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate 2015 will be announced. During ‘Nobel week’ HSE academics discuss who might be the winner.
HSE's publishing house has published the Russian version of the Oxford University Press textbook 'Democratization' edited by Christian Haerpfer, Patrick Bernhagen, Ronald Inglehart and Christian Welzel.
Leading British newspaper, The Independent, has published a list of the 10 best atlases, which includes the atlas created by a team of authors from the HSE Faculty of Politics.