- Vice Rector
- Chief Expert:Institute of Education
- Leading Expert:Federal Methodology Centre for Financial Literacy in Primary and Secondary Education / Planning and Reporting Unit
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Vyacheslav Bashev has been at HSE University since 2013.
Vyacheslav Bashev supervises HSE activities related to pre-university training and prospective student relations.
- He coordinates HSE educational programmes for basic and secondary general education;
- Manages enrolment in Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes;
- Manages the work of the Admissions Office;
- Organizes events connected with students’ enrolment and pre-university activities, including entrance exams, open days, etc.
- Coordinates the organization and implementation of competitions for high schoolers, university students and graduates from higher education institutions in Russia and other countries (with the exception of the ‘I’m a Professional’ student olympiad);
- Organizes the multi-step entrance exam preparatory programme for HSE applicants;
- Oversees quality assurance of teaching at all stages of pre-university training;
- Coordinates the activities of the Teaching and Learning Council for Pre-University Training;
- Coordinates the ‘Pokrovsky Kvartal Educational Complex’ project;
- Coordinates the ‘Distributed Lyceum’ project;
- Coordinates HSE relations with joint secondary schools;
Coordinates the activities of the following departments:
- The Office for Occupational and Gifted Student Guidance;
- The HSE Lyceum;
- The Office for Work with Prospective Students;
- The Faculty of Pre-University Training;
- The Office for Secondary Education;
- The Federal Methodology Centre for Financial Literacy in Primary and Secondary Education.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Developmental Psychology, Acmeology
Russian Academy of Education Institute of Psychology
Krasnoyarsk State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- 1992-2007 - psychologist, teacher, Director at Krasnoyarsk Universe Gymnasium No. 1
- 2007-2008 - Head of the Agency of Education (Krasnoyarsk Territorial Administration)
- 2008-2013 - Minister of Education and Science of the Krasnoyarsk Territory
- educational administration
- developmental psychology
- regional educational policy
- school management
On March 12, HSE University will hold a university-wide Open Day for prospective students of bachelor’s and specialist programmes. The event will be held in the Pokrovka Building and will feature presentations by faculties and campuses, a talk by the Admissions Office, activities from student organisations, a tour of the university’s historical buildings and much more. Those interested in attending must register in advance.
For the first time, HSE University has moved up to second place based on the average score of applicants enroled on state-funded bachelor's programmes. The implementation of the concept of ‘four campuses — one university’ has led to an increase in the number of applicants and the quality of admissions at the regional campuses. As well as this, enrolment on online programmes has increased by more than 50%. Despite a slight reduction in the number of international applicants due to external factors, the university has maintained its rigorous selection policy for prospective students. Among foreign countries, China has the largest number of students applying for HSE’s master’s programmes.
This year’s final stage of Top Class, the All-Russian Competition of Schoolchildren’s Research and Projects, held by HSE University, has come to a close. About a thousand 8th—11th graders from 7 countries and 69 regions of Russia participated in the contest. The winners and runners-up were announced at the closing ceremony in the HSE Cultural Centre. They received special prizes from partner companies.
Admissions for a number of online programmes start on February 1, 2022. The HSE News Service reports on the programmes and benefits available.
Project work in the Faculty of Humanities can be divided into three categories of varying scale. Megaprojects bring together employees of different HSE faculties and campuses; projects bring together employees at the faculty level; and more localized projects, which have been tentatively defined as initiative projects, are implemented by teams on an initiative basis. This project work structure and other issues were discussed on Wednesday, July 29 at a meeting of the HSE University administration.
Of the original 300 students enrolled in doctoral programmes set to graduate this year, only 126 reached the final stage of the process—the dissertation defence. While congratulating the recent class of graduates, HSE Vice Rector Vyacheslav Bashev noted that such a large attrition rate testifies to the seriousness of those who have made it to graduation. ‘Though many of you work, you continue to invest in yourselves intellectually,’ he said.
At a meeting of HSE’s Academic Council on May 30, Evgeny Yasin was reelected as the university’s academic supervisor, and Alexander Shokhin — as HSE’s president.